Author Topic: Fishable ice  (Read 8342 times)

Offline tysontia

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishable ice
« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:47 AM »
any reports on Webster area.  Would like to try tomorrow, but don't want to drive all that way to find out it's not enough. 

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2017, 05:22 PM »
I would also appreciate any updates on the Webster area, itching to come up there, just waiting for good ice!

Offline Walleye_Fanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Wallijig was posting on ice fishing SD Facebook page, finding anywhere from 1.5 to near 4" in southeast area with spots of open water on some lakes. Plan on checking more myself tomorrow or Sunday. Last night found 2-3 on a couple lakes I checked. Heard from buddy there was guys fishing scotts today 2-4", heard 2-3" on poinsett also. 

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 10, 2017, 12:57 AM »
Wallijig was posting on ice fishing SD Facebook page, finding anywhere from 1.5 to near 4" in southeast area with spots of open water on some lakes. Plan on checking more myself tomorrow or Sunday. Last night found 2-3 on a couple lakes I checked. Heard from buddy there was guys fishing scotts today 2-4", heard 2-3" on poinsett also.

This next week is supposed to be in the upper 30s to low 40s, with lows in the upper 20s. Four of the next 7 days will average above freezing. It's probably going to head the wrong direction for a week, and then really be ready by Christmas weekend.

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 10, 2017, 03:55 AM »
Thanks for the info, probably going to look at heading into town over the New Years. Keep us posted.👍

Offline Markineyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 12, 2017, 12:43 PM »
How’s the ice on dry lake #2 and poinsett?

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2017, 07:48 AM »
How’s the ice on dry lake #2 and poinsett?

Not sure. 81 ponds seems to be doing pretty good, and there were a bunch of shelters up on Whitewood last weekend.

Offline tysontia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 14, 2017, 01:53 PM »
I would have to assume the warm winds ruined much of the fishable ice south of Webster and Watertown.

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 15, 2017, 07:36 PM »
 I’m hearing 3-8 inches around Webster right now, anyone have any updates?

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:56 PM »
Needing some info on the ice situation.  Have plans for my son and I to drive up from kansas on Tuesday and staying at lilly sd.  With the recent weather should we move our trip back till after the start of the year?  Just don't want to make the 10 hour drive if ice is unsafe.  Any info would be appreciated.  You can pm me if you wish.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 15, 2017, 11:29 PM »
Call up to Dakota Angler. He'll have the most recent reports on how the weather has affected the ice. The winds have been warm, and it's been low to mid 40s.

Offline sdcoontrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 16, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Was up by Whitewood and Thompson today and alot of shacks on White wood. All over the place. Was 3 out on Thompson and seen a few on Albert!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.