Author Topic: anyone out there ice fishing.  (Read 1483 times)

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
anyone out there ice fishing.
« on: Apr 15, 2016, 01:55 PM »
I will be taking a trip to Louise Saturday. I am wandering if anyone alts is still on the ice?

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anyone out there ice fishing.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2016, 02:19 AM »
I'm done pulled the shack on wend after almost 3 weeks on the ice.  Got the call to go to work so I'm going to Healy for a month.  The snow is going fast up there so keep your eyes out for open holes.  Seen several groups of swans moving into the area over the last week so that means there is open water somewhere.  There is no snow at the portage between Louise and Susitna so I went through the channel which is still locked up as of wend morning.  The main trails are snow free and just bare ice by now. 
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2016, 09:23 PM »
South end of Louise has just enough snow to grip the snowmachine north end has a few inches. Fishing was slow but did pick up a 14 pound laker. The ice is about 30 inches at army point, that was the thickest. Drilled in one spot that had 18 inches of white ice and  The ridge behind Rugged island is ice free for about 200 Yard. Even though, most places had 25 to 28 inches of solid black ice dont be stupid and go driving a truck on the lake there are some weak spots I noticed. I might do a walk out trip in the next few weeks. I cant get enough of big lakers.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2016, 04:26 AM »
wow you got it made fishing this long congrats on the 14 pounder

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2016, 10:31 AM »
Still plenty of ice on our lakes here in Yellowknife.
We are still driving out and we only have had a couple of days where there may have been a little ice lost to the temps so far.
Took out all the windows for my cabin last week. Pulled the 14,000# GVWR car trailer with 13 windows a couple of couches and doors out.

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2016, 08:15 PM »
Hauling freight is nice and all but catching fish is way more fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.