Author Topic: Radio  (Read 2871 times)

Offline trekr200

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Radio
« Reply #30 on: Oct 22, 2017, 12:31 PM »
I carry my phone that has Pandora.

I also carry a small AM/FM radio.  There are some places that have great FM stations like KGMO around the Balsam Lake area.  It plays classic rock.

The kids I fish with like country music.  I like old country western music, not this boy band country music the kids like.

If I am going to fish for the whole day, I'll listen to a book using Audible.com.
Everybody has got to believe in something...I believe I'll go fishing.

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp207/Squareneck/IMG_20161001_233426_zpsxa0qihbb.jpg

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Oct 22, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Sometimes I'll turn on the old transistor radio I have in my gear bag.  More often I'm talking to the fish I see on the 6...trying to close the deal.  You all know what I'm talking about I'm pretty sure.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:12 AM »
I got a buddy that always brings a radio... always plays country music. I hate country music. Then there's the guy that wants to play rap music and cranks it up so everyone on the lake can hear it. yeah, an airstrike would be good sometimes. If you're gonna play music, keep it low enough that it doesn't bother everyone else on the lake. jmho

OK buddy- glad I saw this. I didn't think I played my Country music that loud, but after seeing this, I'll use my earbuds this year so your ears won't bleed!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline dsupercat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2017, 02:05 PM »
This thread reminded me of the couple that brought their dog out on the ice last year. She yelled that dogs name 538 times. There wasn’t a stretch of silence longer than 10 seconds that went by lol:)
Nothing against dogs but it seems this is the norm on the ice now.  If you can't control your dog please do the rest of us a favor and leave it home not everyone enjoys there ice shack being pissed on!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Oct 23, 2017, 03:08 PM »
If someone was playing crap (rap) music out on the ice I'd smash the radio.  I don't mind country music but would rather no radio.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #35 on: Oct 23, 2017, 05:46 PM »
I prefer my fish bucket banging over my head banging. When we used to use an old wooden shanty and tip up fish and drink alot, the radio was pretty good.  Now I fish seriously for larger fish, I like to hear the wind whisle through my ears and put the phone on vibrate.
Thread killer

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Oct 24, 2017, 05:14 AM »
OK buddy- glad I saw this. I didn't think I played my Country music that loud, but after seeing this, I'll use my earbuds this year so your ears won't bleed!  ;)

LOL! I'll deal with it bro... as long as it ain't jazz or rap, I can deal with it  ;)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Oct 24, 2017, 06:50 AM »
OK- I guess we're good then!  ;D  And if you ever DO hear rap music coming out of my radio, please take my pistol and shoot me in the head, cause something just ain't right!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #38 on: Oct 24, 2017, 07:32 AM »
If anything its classic country for me. Most of the time its my snoring hound and my vex!

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #39 on: Oct 24, 2017, 08:05 AM »
If anything its classic country for me. Most of the time its my snoring hound and my vex!
Country music is my favorite too, it makes the fish commit suicide.
Thread killer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.