Author Topic: Trout  (Read 1610 times)

Offline apeirolo3

• IceShanty Rookie
Trout
« on: Feb 02, 2022, 07:46 AM »
Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows any good bodies of water in RI to pull up some trout through the ice? Has anyone tried Brickyard pond in Barrington?

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
Re: Trout
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2022, 09:36 AM »
Check the RIdem site for trout stocked waters.  Then you can decide from there.  Some of the ponds got restocked in late fall.  Hope this helps.
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2022, 11:31 AM »
They stock Peck Pond (Chepachet on the border with CT just west of Bowdish on 44) for trout in the spring I killed them up there this spring. BUT... I don't think they fall stocked and it's really shallow so not sure there is /was much holdover capacity. You might luck into one but suspect you will be in pickerel /Yellow Perch up there. A trout would be mostly luck I suspect.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2022, 03:43 PM »
They stock Lincoln Woods. Was there for 2 hrs today and not one flag…terrible. I usually do well there all the time…trout, Larry’s, slime darts, perch, and crappie. That’s fishing  :%$#!:
Was on 8 inches of ice but the slush was coming quick. Gonna be a mess after the next two days until we get a freeze again this weekend. Tight lines  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.