Author Topic: Panoptix ice bundle  (Read 2138 times)

Offline russelln114

• Team IceShanty Regular
Panoptix ice bundle
« on: Apr 18, 2020, 08:13 PM »
Hey guys. I plan on pulling the trigger on the panoptix 73cv panoptix ice bundle. This will come with the lakeVu g3 maps. I have found the lake that I icefish on lakeVu. The question I have is will these maps show other bodies of water as well even if they aren’t mapped out? I fish a few resivors that aren’t on the list and when I pull up to fish I want to see the body of water on the screen .I do have a Topo map on my Oregon 700 that shows me the smallest of ponds. Hope this makes sense.

Offline joedevera

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Panoptix ice bundle
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2020, 07:25 PM »
I may be wrong on this but....Garmin owns Navionics, I would go to the Navionics web browser and check to see if the lakes you want are mapped there. If so, I'd think they'd be on the LakeVu

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2020, 07:00 AM »
I have a Garmin Echomap 43cv w/ LakeVu map and it has other bodies of water on it ..just in blue w/o contours ..my unit can map a uncharted lake ..which I have done . I believe your unit can also ..but I think a better/wider beam transducer would be best unless the panopix transducer can accomplish that ..maybe contact Garmin for that answer ..good project for the warmer months . Also I believe your unit is wireless enabling you to use Garmin Active Captain on your smart phone ..which means what you mapped out can be viewed on your phone as well as marking waypoint etc ..I also believe you can update your unit wirelessly  ...lots of YouTube videos on these topics .

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/echomapplus/EN-US/GUID-5169A77B-20F6-4F00-BC57-6C208F8BDF82.html

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?partNumber=010-01893-21&tab=manuals
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2020, 09:31 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2020, 10:19 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.