Author Topic: Frozen Ice Holes  (Read 15999 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Frozen Ice Holes
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2004, 12:30 PM »
my key to keeping holes open are to chip em every 1/2hr to every hr.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2004, 02:28 PM »
All this dumping of chemicals oil and alcohol in the lake just does not seem right. It is probably illegal and def. cant be good for aquatic life even in small concentrations! Dont be lazy Big Dawg has the right idea get out there and chip the ice away!

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2004, 02:31 PM »
just how good does the circles out of sleeping pad work?  i might try it this weekend when i go to my bobhouse tomorrow night...1st time sleeping in the house this year, CANT WAIT!!!!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
Re: Frozen Ice Holes
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2004, 09:52 AM »
I tryed the circles cut from a sleeping pad for the first time this last weekend. They worked great. Keep the hole where the trap goes down thru the pad as tight as possible. I placed the  pad between the ice and the trap so the weight of the trap held the pad in place. I'm going to add a wire tie to the pad to keep it attached to the trap when I pull it out of the hole. :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.