Author Topic: Anyone else ready for hard water?  (Read 15173 times)

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anyone else ready for hard water?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 07, 2006, 09:42 AM »
WOW  What a beautiful place and a great site to see.  I could run down there and give that ice a big ol'  :-*.  Is that place off a main road or is it back in a ways.  I love those places where its quiet and you dont have a bunch of traffic drivin by all time.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #31 on: Nov 07, 2006, 10:17 AM »
That is one of our pothole lakes that is at low elevation and usually freezes up first. It is right beside a major highway. It is usually plowed but not straight down the hill directly in front of picture but the road comes in more from the left.

Offline FISHLIPS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Nov 07, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Sure am last year here in Vermont the lake was a little scetchy for ice
I am updating my shanty for the long winter, if we have good luck the ice will freeze the first week of Dec

Always waiting for the last bite!!!! Don't want to stop fishing!!!!!

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Nov 07, 2006, 05:12 PM »
Well I was up across the state line today TGF.  We have a hole that kinda resembles yours.  Its about a mile back into this canyon and your pics kinda reminded me of there. With all the ponderosa pines and such.  Only  our temps here were near 80's :'(   There was no snow and dang sure wasn't any ICE.  But it's sucha neat place, I just like to go there once in a while.  Good for the soul kinda place :)

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #34 on: Nov 08, 2006, 07:12 AM »
Looks like a great place to jump a trophy mule buck and chase a few coyotes !

Offline dsmatuska

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Lucky Man.
« Reply #35 on: Nov 08, 2006, 07:58 AM »
I am ready....

I had the lawn service blow out my sprinkler system and the back flow valve was froze.

Checked the garden pond and it was frozen over.  I guess it is time to put the heater in the pond to keep the gold fish alive.

The travel trailer is being winterized this weekend and put into storeage so my wheeled fish house can be brought home.  (This will be my dog house until I can pull it onto the lake)

The earliest I have been out Ice Fishing is the second weekend in November, the time is near.

You've fished on the second weekend in November...in Minnesota?  What year was that?
I CAN clean fish.  My wife, on the other hand, prides herself in the art of filleting fish.  I mean to tell you, she can fillet ANYTHING, therefore I call myself "The Lucky Man."

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 08, 2006, 10:06 AM »
We are usually ice fishing by Thanksgiving on smaller sandhill lakes around here. Close to 80 today but we had some ice 3 days ago. Won't be long now. :) 

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Nov 08, 2006, 01:38 PM »
The temp is 79 right now get to 81 this afternoon.  high of 56 tomorrow and ten days of below freezing night time temps. It will help our cause,  but we'll probly be lucky to make it by thanksgiving.  Wouldn't be happier though if we were on by then.

Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #38 on: Nov 12, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Heck I'm fishing already............... ....... In my dreams!!!!!!!
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Nov 13, 2006, 08:02 PM »
Yeah me too Hank.  Its amazing what an awesome night bite of those big northerns goin on here.  All aver 36" and FAT!!! 8)   Wont be long.  Lovin all the posts from up north where they're getin on  already ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 14, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Cant wait for this place to ice over.

[img][/img]

Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.