Author Topic: Ice shack mods  (Read 25063 times)

Offline Rope

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice shack mods
« Reply #90 on: Oct 26, 2014, 09:10 AM »
Joe, how much weight have you added to your hut? Looks great and I can't wait to fish out of it.
Freedom is NOT free...

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Oct 26, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Jthod what did you use for your seat slides?  How did you attach the frame to the sled?    Wonder if you used screws that the tub would support and not wear bigger hole. 

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #92 on: Oct 26, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Got my otter cottage, first mod done....rubber mat.
]

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Oct 26, 2014, 11:44 PM »
mike, I added about 15-20 lbs.

Jthod what did you use for your seat slides?  How did you attach the frame to the sled?    Wonder if you used screws that the tub would support and not wear bigger hole.

The slides are made from a chunk of aluminum I found at the scrap yard.  It had a nice groove on it that the swivel base that bolts to the seal slides in tightly but smoothly.

The frame is not attached to the sled.  It just sits on the lip that is 4-5" from the top of the tub, then there is a support in the center piece between the seats that sits on the floor of the tub.

Offline addicted

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Nov 04, 2014, 08:06 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one who can't wait for ice. My son and I picked up a couple of Nanook Thermals and since we fish out of different shacks we decided to use the extra seat brackets and make sliding consoles out of them. With some old PVC pipe and a few cutting boards I managed to gain some organization for just a few bucks and some time. Plus it added very little weight to the sled as well. Praying for some early ice now to try em out!
That's why is called "fishing" and not "catching".

Offline NEicebuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Nov 05, 2014, 04:04 PM »
Nice console. I cant wait for ice ether.  :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #96 on: Nov 05, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Thanks for the info and great mods guys.  Can't wait for the ice.   

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Nov 08, 2014, 11:15 AM »
Got to work on the lights. 

2-36" White LED strips
1-36" UV LED strip

UV light only:

Tickle stick with just the UV light on.  I painted the tip on all my rods white, then put a coat of florescent green so they are very visible, without putting a lot of light down the hole, or casting shadows.

The small lighted ring in the bottom of the pic is the switch.  It lights up when the switch is on.

Both white LED's on:

Switch panel:

Offline huntermoonz

• IceShanty Rookie

Added a tool holder and swing out rod holder to my Fraybill Commando.  Also the corner now works as a cup holder.  a 12 oz can fits in the corner.

Offline huntermoonz

• IceShanty Rookie

Added a tool holder and swing out rod holder to my Fraybill Commando.  Also the corner now works as a cup holder.  a 12 oz can fits in the corner.
sir u don't mind me asking we're u got ur tool holders. Thanks

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Apr 24, 2015, 10:56 PM »
Looks to me like he went out to the shop got out the welder and custom made them.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Jul 06, 2015, 02:41 PM »
I need some suggestions on how to mount my batteries for my lights they're just sliding around my shack now

if you are still in need or want another idea. I went the route of buying an ammo box and making the power box type setup that many guys do. This way I can add a phone charger to keep my ipad charged when using the Marcum PanCam. Just another idea for you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.