Author Topic: Box Butte  (Read 13190 times)

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Box Butte
« Reply #60 on: Jan 19, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Really any where on the lake should produce I have bounced around and always
seem to come up with something was up this weekend was a bit slow but still caught fish that is the place i will take my son as well

Offline NE-Iceman2014

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 20, 2014, 08:00 AM »
Im not sure about the downed tree in the water..i only fished open water there twice last summer from the dam, hunters point is pretty popular but i agree with gip19, iv bounced around a lot out there and have never been completely skunked before...id be heading out now if the wind wasn't 20 to 30 with gusts up to 45! As far as getting to hunters point goes its easy You just fallow the main road in til u get to the dirt road and hang a left then u go maybe a mile or so and go left again should be heading into some trees..id make sure to get ur bait in ur area or at least before you leave scottsbluff or alliance you wont find anything other then wax worms in chadron!

Offline wyo969

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 22, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Anyword on how the ice is holding up? Looks like its been a little warm over there.

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 22, 2014, 01:33 PM »
was there on sunday still had good ice there was open water out in the dead cent of the lake tho so im sure it will open up from there

Offline wyo969

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Well crap that might change the plans a little.

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 22, 2014, 02:27 PM »
Im sure west end well be good for sometime ice always seems to go up in the dock area first

Offline wyo969

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 22, 2014, 05:00 PM »
I'll have to see what he thinks he's still a little green and not as trusting in ice as I am. You know if a person can still get bait in Crawford by chance?

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 22, 2014, 07:05 PM »
Yes minnows in Crawford by high school but full bait shop in alliance great place just north of taco johns

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 23, 2014, 07:58 AM »
You can get Minnows only, in Crawford, tan house and garage just right across the street south of the football field.

Offline wyo969

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 23, 2014, 08:46 AM »
Alright thanks guys.

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Any info on how the ice is holding out ?

Offline NE-Iceman2014

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Was there on thursday, ice was good..hard to tell after the warm temps and wind the last few days..planing on gettin out on monday ill post an update unless someone beats me to it.

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 25, 2014, 10:30 PM »
ice is just fine on almost all the lake, someone thought it was opening up, I was out there yesterday and didn't see any open water. Ice was still 12" to 15"  and solid.

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:55 PM »

My got out of prison last week look.

Offline NE-Iceman2014

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 30, 2014, 10:35 PM »
Nice pike..glad to see you made it down..was out. There yesterday my self. was a little slow but. I managed one small pike and me and my buddy pulled in 15-16 perch..good eating! Would have rather got a nice size pike then the perch but hey its better then nothing!

Offline FairIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 02, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Just wondering how the tournament went.. Winning fishing and weights.  Any information would be nice.

Offline NE-Iceman2014

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Feb 02, 2014, 09:07 PM »
I dont know who won but i know the big fish winner of the day was a 16 lb cat ...GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Feb 02, 2014, 09:47 PM »
What a great day for a tournament. The 16 lb cat was the smaller of the two cats that came in. The bigger one weighed 20 lbs. and was caught on a rod. That gentleman, from Alliance, and another tied in total weight at 24 lbs. The 20lb fish was also used as the tie breaker. Third place had a limit of pike along with a walleye and some perch. He mentioned that all those came on very small minnows and light tackle.

The lake was capped back up but evidently had an open spot in the middle on Friday. Someone went through on a quad on Friday as well so be careful if you're venturing out. There was a good fifteen inches where I fished. The third place winner was originally from Louisiana, so I think that maybe I should give up ice fishing when I get beat by a cajun at ice fishing!

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #78 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:21 AM »
Thanks for the update.

The third place winner was originally from Louisiana, so I think that maybe I should give up ice fishing when I get beat by a cajun at ice fishing!

Don't give up, just change your bait to crawfish. ;D

dc

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Feb 03, 2014, 07:45 AM »
Now that's funny!!!! ;D

Offline FairIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 03, 2014, 10:14 PM »
Thanks for the update...  Those were some huge cats caught.

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Feb 13, 2014, 05:50 PM »
anything going on up here hows the ice looking is there a bunch of snow on the ice
just wondring how fast its gonna go with the temps heading back up?

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #82 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Was the Louisiana Cajun also catching catfish ? ??? That may be a common denominator here. ;)  And was he perhaps using.... little Friskies catfood for bait ? ;D   I thought Box was a pike lake......  Oh well, pounds are pounds whether it is catfish, pike or feathers !  Happy trails ! :)  DH

Offline NE-Iceman2014

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Nope the cajun had a Bunch of pan fish and a few pike i think..pretty cool guy..box butte is a good lake to catch a nice pike. Also a lake with some nice large cats...id love to pull. Out 20 lb cat From the ice

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:53 PM »
He had a limit of pike, a walleye and a few perch.

Offline NE-Iceman2014

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:03 PM »
Oh cool...i know the guy, but wasnt able to make it out That day. Doesnt surprise me he got his limit on pike from what i hear he doesnt have much trouble finding the fish..

Offline foamy8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Feb 15, 2014, 04:43 PM »
Fished it today, slow. A couple small pike and small perch.  Good ice still solid 20".  I may need to get some advice on that lake.  It's kicked my butt every time I've been there.   Had the boy and dad out with me.  Great day. 

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 16, 2014, 04:26 PM »
was up to box butte this morning, caught a 9 keeper perch, a couple pike we kept, nothing real stellar but enough for a mess of fish. Ice was a good solid 12 14" where we were. Still have to work for them.

Offline Gip19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 23, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Any news on how the ice is holding up?

Offline wyo10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 23, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Heading over in the morning, staying till Tuesday! Any info on the ice conditions? I would appreciate the heads up and some ice info! Thanks

Kyle

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.