Author Topic: wagon train and stage coach  (Read 1383 times)

Offline GRIZZ08

• Team IceShanty Regular
wagon train and stage coach
« on: Dec 10, 2013, 02:17 PM »
looking to hit one or both of these lakes this year wanted to get on the crappies.  does anyone have any reports on ice and where would a guy go for a start out there never been to either of the two lakes have no clue what there is for structure in them???  Not looking for GPS coords. (would be nice)  just wandering if people fish the basin breaks or weed lines or what send me a PM if you dont want everyone to know.  thanks in advance
some days I can drink a lot of beer and other days only a case

Offline vizsla444

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: wagon train and stage coach
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Stagecoach is chained at the entrances for budget cuts - Wagon Train west parking lot is OK lots of trees down due to tornado in October still have access to the ice -

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2013, 03:49 PM »
Waste of  time  over fished and full of small fish
Dry side of the ice

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:27 PM »
Waste of  time  over fished and full of small fish
unfortunately this is very true...orientals hit it VERY hard last two years. somwnice fish still in there just far and few between  :-\ used to be one of my favorite lakes too
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Fish2Live

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:58 PM »
Just left WT TOUGH bite a few dink BG and 1 9 1/2" red ear sunfish

Offline IceDoc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:02 PM »
ULKING which lake are you talking about?  was looking at hitting one of these lakes in the next week.  thanks
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:44 PM »
ULKING which lake are you talking about?  was looking at hitting one of these lakes in the next week.  thanks

Both really, but mostly wagon train.  Its a nightmare out there during the spawn.  Stagecoach this winter, has cables up so you cant drive up to the lake.  If you are wanting to ice fish it, be prepared to hike a bit on foot.

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2013, 08:34 PM »
yeah both have been hammered last few years....kinda tough to take kids out trying to get them into the fishing sport when ppl don't respect the public waters enough and abuse em! Glad I have plenty of private lakes and ponds to go to!!  ;D
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline IceDoc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:13 AM »
That sucks.  I remember years ago Pawnee lake used to be a great fishery before it had it's issues.  My brother and I used to love that lake.  Then one summer the "local" population came out with anything they could tie a hook too and catch fish.  Saw people leave with buckets filled with 5-6 in Crappies. 
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2013, 11:23 AM »
looking to hit one or both of these lakes this year wanted to get on the crappies.  does anyone have any reports on ice and where would a guy go for a start out there never been to either of the two lakes have no clue what there is for structure in them???  Not looking for GPS coords. (would be nice)  just wandering if people fish the basin breaks or weed lines or what send me a PM if you dont want everyone to know.  thanks in advance

Stagecoach map, http://www.outdoornebraska.ne.gov/Fishing/programs/lakemapping/pdfs/stagecoach.pdf

Wagon Train map, http://www.outdoornebraska.ne.gov/Fishing/programs/lakemapping/pdfs/Wagontrain.pdf

2014 Fishing Forecast will be available in a month, but I can tell you right now that Stagecoach has excellent numbers of crappies over 10 inches in length, more of those than Wagon Train.  Bluegills will be mostly less than 8 inches on both reservoirs, some walleye present in both including fish > 20 inches.  Some wipers available in both as well as some big largemouth bass.

Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline TrackerTarga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Anyone been out to wagon train the last few days?
Ice Ice Baby!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.