Author Topic: Cork Thorton tourney??  (Read 834 times)

Offline Scotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cork Thorton tourney??
« on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:49 AM »
Anybody have results from the tourney?I'm curious how it went on Alkali.Thanks in advance.

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Cork Thorton tourney??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:06 AM »
DC posted results over at nefga forum.  After work I can post them here if no one else does.

Offline MA Machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:17 AM »

Offline Scotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2013, 12:19 PM »
Thanks!!

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:23 PM »
How many other members.were up here.for.the tourny?  I finally fished it with my dauhter.  She fished her ass off.  Pretty darn proud of her.   She had several big fish hooked up in tje last hour and tje only one i up was.a.25 in pike.  Hate to think one was the.cat.we.needed. oh well. Was.a.great. time.  Glad i got.to spend the time with her.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline efrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2013, 04:20 PM »
We made it up there, had a very good day with a 37" and 34" pike and a decent limit of panfish, lost 3 cats in the last 15 minutes from 2 straightened hooks and a broken line that cost us the tourney, but even a second place finish I'm not gonna complain about and had a blast doing it! Was a little hesitant about the new tourney rules but I think us fisherman and the cordinators all learned a little!!! But all in all it was a good tournament with good weather for a change!!

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The bigger the teeth, the better it gets!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:50 PM »
I also made the tournament, thought the catch and release part of it was a great move.

My first time entered up and liked the traditional Sandhill lake for the meet over Merritt. The catch and release would be a major problem in the deeper waters of Merritt.

Thanks goes out to all the people responsible for making this ice fishing tournament a success.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2013, 12:04 AM »
I liked.the.format.  didnt think i would.  Was wondering how tjey were going to do the in between lengths. But admittedly we benifitted from the extra half inch maybe only a few more times than we didnt.  Was kinda suprised that there werent any bigger panfish.  Have always heard tjere were nicer panfish just fewer.  Glad about the catch and release aspect cuz we didnt have one panfish i woild have cleaned and its great they are back in there. Congrats efrey

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.