Author Topic: Valentine NWR Lakes  (Read 11205 times)

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Valentine NWR Lakes
« Reply #60 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Jeesh Daryl a little thin skinned.Did you read my post I know that we cant get rid of the carp.I never said anyone should be fired.When I was in my teens in the late 70's  early 80's  I worked at the game and parks in North platte banding ducks and helping at the spawning ponds so I do know a little about what B.S goes on.I t gets old watching what is done to the lakes and fisheries in this state  and being fed a line of B.S about what the agenda is.What boat ramps did they have do drain the lakes down Pelican at the east end,Dewey dosent control Pelican.The east end of Hackberry Iwas there the days they were working on it and all the boards were in Dewey then.BLAH BLAH BLAH Go fish I'll see you out there remember catch and release.

Now wait a minute.  You have been telling me that water levels on all the refuge lakes are connected/related, but now you say that dropping levels on one lake would not necessarily reduce levels on the other.  I keep telling you what I know, you either ain't listening or don't want to hear.  Water levels were low last summer on the Valentine Refuge lakes because of the drought.  Period.  Water levels were also manipulated for boat ramp work on Pelican, Dewey, Hackberry and Clear.

Thin skinned?  Believe me, if I were thin-skinned I would have given up on discussions like this a long, long time ago.  You have intimated again and again that I do not have a clue what I am doing, that myself and other fisheries biologists are not doing our jobs.  I know that I will never convince someone like yourself that has all the answers, but you keep pitching 'em, I will keep hitting 'em.  There are lots of other folks out there reading, and learning. ;)

Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Daryl Bauer
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline MA Machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 19, 2013, 01:36 AM »
 Those ear mosquitoes are annoying.  Keep up the good work Daryl.

Offline Tic addict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 19, 2013, 06:43 AM »
I think we can write a book on this thread already fish98!!!! Nice job Daryl I want a copy when this is all through with, LOL   :clap: Only bad part is the broken record sound coming from it !!!!  :cookoo:
"Jiggem"

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Keep swingin' Daryl, most of the people pitchin' are off base, but we appreciate what YOU do for our sport.  Happy trails.   D Hutt

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
Daryl Bauer
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 25, 2013, 10:08 AM »
That pic at the end of the blog post is off the charts!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.