Author Topic: Boxbutte  (Read 20224 times)

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Boxbutte
« Reply #180 on: Jan 29, 2012, 12:37 AM »
go out to 15-20' off hunters point for the bigger gils at first light or last light and you'll smack some bigger ones

Offline IceWolf89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Had a great day yesterday probably caught 15 over 25" and 5 around 30" on large 5-10" minnows some dink perch and bluegill only 2 gills around 11 and believe had a cat on fought hard for 15 minutes stayed on the bottom most the time and lost it thinking bout maybe pathfinder next weekend get into them good trout

Offline eepks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:06 PM »
If you come through Scottsbluff there's a man on 5th ave names Scott minnow man he has great minnows 3.00 for smaller 5.00 for 4"-10" nice big ones also he has waxes crawlers gotta give him a call the night before if your gonna show up early the next am pm me if you need the number

Stopped by his place today...lots of minnows big and small.

Offline 13tjohns

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #183 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Anyone been out to Box Butte lately. Wondering how the ice is and how this fishing is. Possibly headed there saturday or sunday. Tight lines.

Offline wyofisher85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #184 on: Feb 10, 2012, 01:07 PM »
I was there Monday and Tuesday. Ice was good. 12 inches on the west side 7 to 8 inches down by the dam.

Offline wforbes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #185 on: Feb 10, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Were heading up to fish box butte this weekend. Where is this Scott the minnow man located? Is he just in a house or a bait shop? Or else I also heard someone in alliance has good ones too? And also we are planning on fishing through the night and am looking for some eyes. Any pointers on depths and structure to look for?
hammer em bud!!! :tipup:

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Feb 10, 2012, 03:35 PM »
There's a gentleman in Morrill, NE that sells live bait as well. His prices are fair and he usually has some big chubs. The big pike like those big sucker minnows & chubs.
He's on the corner of Howard and E Hamilton, cross the street SE of the High School. Go to the shop in the alley, if he's not there you can knock on the back door. He has a small sign or two up.

The guy in Scottsbluff (Scott, I think) is on the corner of 5th ave and east 19th st. He has some signs up, just go to the front door if he's not in the garage by the alley.

Offline eepks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Feb 11, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Anyone go up today? Wondering how much snow is on the ice.

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #188 on: Feb 11, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Anyone go up today? Wondering how much snow is on the ice.

we was there today,not much snow ,maybe 1" or less,kinda spotty,ice is good,didnt measure it but guess a good 15". fishing was excellent as usual,lots of pike

Offline eepks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #189 on: Feb 11, 2012, 10:12 PM »
we was there today,not much snow ,maybe 1" or less,kinda spotty,ice is good,didnt measure it but guess a good 15". fishing was excellent as usual,lots of pike

Thanks!

Offline drt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #190 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:46 AM »
Has anyone had much luck on the walleye i have only been there once last monday caught alot of pike perch and a few gills but only one walleye and i caught it on a bro bug of all things just wonderin if its much of a walleye fishery or if i would be just wasting my time looking for them   

Offline Icefishur03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #191 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Drt,

Good luck finding very many walleye out there. One of the first fish I ever caught through the ice was a 17" walleye out there. Since then I have been on the pike/perch express.

Offline Icefishur03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #192 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Be ou on wednesday. Gonna try near Hunters Point. Stop by and say hi, be in a white Ford with camo accents; wyo plates.

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #193 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:16 PM »
if you're looking for walleye in that area head up to Whitney by Chadron

Offline drt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #194 on: Feb 14, 2012, 05:14 AM »
Ok thanks for the info

Offline eyeman316

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #195 on: Feb 14, 2012, 03:53 PM »
How's the ice right now at boxbutte could someone let me know

Offline SnipeHntr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #196 on: Feb 15, 2012, 09:23 AM »
It was 12-15" on the west end on Saturday

Offline Tebow Time

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #197 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:25 PM »
Does anyone know how the ice is this week?im thinking of going monday. Also does anyone have any tips  for catching panfish there... I did pretty decent on pike, but wanna catch more pamfish
Hard Work beats Talent When Talen Doesnt Work Hard

Offline Rancher1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #198 on: Feb 16, 2012, 03:40 PM »
I would say try doing everything your brother does, he realy seems to catch alot of fish, and not just thru the ice all the time. :tipup:.
i would try useing ice flys tiped with wax-meal worns, 4 & 5 inch plugs dont catch many gills but i guess it could snag one ???. the main thing i would say is just try to copy your brother as close as you can and you will have luck..       good luck you need it, see ya out there..

i would say got you brother lol ;D @)

Offline Icefishur03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #199 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:05 PM »
I was out yesterday and the ice was 11" off of Hunters Point about 250 yards out. Caught 3 perch real quick and the nothing. Did not catch a single pike for the first 3 hours. Then I started jigging a few in to tally out at 10 Pike for the day. Fished 2 lines the whole day with 12" suckers but no takers on the bigguns. Not a single hooked fish on sucker meat for once either. Real slow for me but tons of fun none the less!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.