Author Topic: Frabill II ?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline adam2369

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabill II ?
« on: Dec 28, 2008, 07:43 PM »
Has anyone used this shelter? Looks like a good 2 man shelter, but wonder about quality.

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
Re: Frabill II ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2008, 08:12 PM »
the frabill trekker 2 is what I would assume you are talking about........I own one and love the thing there is way more than enough room for 1 person and plenty of room for 2 ppl with 4 holes drilled (I tried 4 holes last night for the first time and it works ok)..........as for a quality product Frabill makes a great line of shanty's as well as other manufacturers but IMO all you pay for when you buy a Clam is the name...............buy ing a Frabill you get a good piece of equipment as well as a well known manufacturer for less money.............

Offline adam2369

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Thank you crappie. I will probably be buying one soon. Looked at them today on sale for 289.00. Just wasnt sure how they hold up.

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2008, 06:08 AM »
they are a nice shelter for the money as I said I paid 300 for mine new about 3 weeks ago and I love the thing............

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2008, 06:46 AM »
The GldeTrax sleds they use are awesome - I got the wear-strip kit, tow-bar, and cover with my R-Tec shelter.  It is one awesome shelter and WARM.  Gotta get a smaller heater.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2008, 07:32 AM »
nothing like a new piece of equipment buy the way is that your hard shack in pic that's real sweet

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2008, 08:02 AM »
I have had a number of customers come in the store and say that their regular Frabills have only lasted a couple of years before the canvas begins to wear out. They have since bought either the new Frabill Trekker deluxe or a Clam and are much happier with the quality.
Pete Lewis

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2008, 08:07 AM »
nothing like a new piece of equipment buy the way is that your hard shack in pic that's real sweet

Yep.  It ain't out yet - it goes out when folks begin driving their pickups on the ice :)  Didn't get it out last year and missed it being there. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.