Author Topic: Need your ideas for "blank canvas" interior layout for new 6 x 12 permy build.  (Read 876 times)

Offline T-Hawker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sorry if this posts 2x... had it finished and got an "error has occurred" notice when I tried to post...

Anyhoo, I'm nearly done with exterior of my new 6 x 12 permie.  I'm getting ready to start on the interior.  Other than the wheel wells and the door, the interior is a "blank canvas".  I put together the following sketch of what I'm thinking for a layout.  I know some people say to avoid benches and just use bag chairs but I'm likely going with benches for the following reasons:
1. I have to box up 5" around the wheel wells anyway.
2. I like the idea of underbench storage.
3. Plan to have a hinged extension that flips up and creates each bench into a bed.
4. Still enough area between the benches and the front wall for two people to use bag chairs.
5. I set the windows to be viewable from the benches.

Normally we always fish tip-up and tip-downs so only planning on 2 holes in the shack floor.

How many of you have 12v system with interior and exterior lights?  Useful or to complex / too much weight for a simple shack?

I have the wood stove toward the back to keep weight off the tongue and keep fire wood mess limited to back of the shack.

I see some commercial shacks use wire baskets mounted up high for shelving - seems like a good idea.

Any suggestions for alternative interior layouts?  If you see something that could be better, please reply - I love getting ideas and thoughts from those more experienced than I am.

Seasoned deer hunter, greenhorn fisherdude.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Include plenty of pegs or racks for hanging coats/hats, etc.
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.