Author Topic: Batteries  (Read 1476 times)

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
Batteries
« on: Jan 18, 2011, 05:59 PM »
My brother manages a part store and he informed me he has a new battery for me for my yukon and well i was just wanting to see if anyone else hauls a car battery in their hut and what ya would run on it besides lights? i have a set of new fog lights 12v that he also gave me and i am thinking about wireing them up as a roof ligh or one in the tub for lookin for gear and stuff and one on the roof not sure need to see how bright they are. Any ideas?

Offline jhei88

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Batteries
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2011, 06:29 PM »
I dont haul a car battery out, i just use a vexilar battery. Runs my lights for hours. If your gonna drag a car battery out you may as well put a cd player in there with a couple speakers to make it worth while.

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2011, 06:32 PM »
was thinkin that. hes said its a smaller battery but bigger than my flasher batteries. i dunno i have a spare cd player.

Offline budjd2cyl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • red dragons
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2011, 06:57 PM »
i take a 12 volt lawn mower battery with me. use  it for ipod, phone charger, clam light and fan. and have sirius sat. radio. and for a radio i just use my cordless ryobi little radio. it has aux. plug in for the ipod and sirius. i also put it a wooden box which also works for a little shelf. has not been to much of a hassle yet. also could charge the vexilar if needed.
we work indavidulay but drink as a team

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2011, 07:51 PM »
i take a 12 volt lawn mower battery with me. use  it for ipod, phone charger, clam light and fan. and have sirius sat. radio. and for a radio i just use my cordless ryobi little radio. it has aux. plug in for the ipod and sirius. i also put it a wooden box which also works for a little shelf. has not been to much of a hassle yet. also could charge the vexilar if needed.
how much is a lawnmower battery?

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:26 PM »
If your going to buy a battery then you might as well buy one of them booster packs. Easy to carry and they have a cigarrete lighter hook up and easy to carry and charge at home, car battery is a little more difficult to transport and theres always the spilled acid chance with a car battery

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:44 PM »
If you want a bigger battery then get one of those emergency light batteries.

http://batteryspec.com/

Check them out, I'm sure you'll find just the right size and weight of a battery that you will be very happy with.  I on the other hand will haul out the boat deep cycle battery but that's going to be for an entire weekend stay.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:47 PM »
If you have the power I suggest picking up a small fan for the shelter,  circulates the warm air from the heater (if you use one) makes a big difference

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:06 AM »
My tractor battery was always messed up after the winter. I started using it for ice fishing and now it stays good for years. I run all kinds of stuff, like dvd, underwater camera, vex, tv, cell phone charger, lights, you name it. I carry them in coolers and they are wired with plugs for all my electronics. The coolers keep me from worrying about spills and give them a good handle for bringing them in the house for charging.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline budjd2cyl

• IceShanty Rookie
  • red dragons
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:14 AM »
how much is a lawnmower battery?
[about 25 dollars at farm and fleet
we work indavidulay but drink as a team

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2011, 01:24 PM »
If you have the power, get an inverter and then you can take your micro wave,
TV, and blender!

MD

Offline your-end-ones-up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2011, 09:39 PM »
i use my grandsons power wheel battery i wired a cig lighter plug to it it weighs about 3 lbs works great!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.