The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Time to start a count down ?  (Read 1925 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Time to start a count down ?
« on: Oct 02, 2021, 09:32 AM »
Just moved back to Wisconsin from Colorado and staring to get the itch but not ready to put the boat away
Bud

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Time to start a count down ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2021, 10:49 AM »
…we miss you Bud! 😢
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2021, 12:21 AM »
Well Ski now that I am an empty nester I am really looking at a lot more ice time up here. Stay safe out there
Bud

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2021, 12:27 PM »
I'm hoping to be on ice in shallow bays of southern WI by mid December, that is how its been the past 2 seasons. I recall being on ice by the end of November in these areas within the past 8 to 10 years, but I doubt that will happen

Offline FilletShow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2021, 11:36 AM »
Iff,

Where in Gods country did you land?  Always looking for some hard water hunters to join up with.

Offline tlzkaasen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2021, 03:52 PM »
Well Ski now that I am an empty nester I am really looking at a lot more ice time up here. Stay safe out there

I was too, but they all moved home post college and Navy carreers. lol.... I now I look forward to heading north on my weekends.  Iff, I'm up in the Minoqua area.
Alva Lake in Harshaw, WI (15 minutes to Rhinelander, Tomahawk and Minocqua)

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2021, 06:12 PM »
Fished pool 8 for a couple hours today and some of the more sheltered backwater was skimmed over.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2021, 03:21 AM »
Well, guys, I have been so dang busy, what with getting housing sold, closing on what looks like might be my forever home.  I landed in Beloit Township, Not to far from where I lived when I worked at the General Motors Janesville plant.  Now I will have to check back in a lot more often, was somewhat of a hassle getting setup with Internet, and TV.  So will be checking in here on IS a lot more often

Rapshack, ??? pool 8 ?  where might that be ? 
 tlzkaasen I will be considering the whole state fair game.  One thing for sure is I better beef up my membeship on here because I wouldn't doubt my PM's getting blown up

FilletShow, bigstorm, I brought with me a 2up snowmobile with me,  From Colorado, Have yet to fire it up, hasn't been run last couple years.  Will no doubt have to get it registered, not sure when/where that might come in play. ???  :unsure:

Was in Wisconsin for the 2002 year work related and never got to wet a line.  And think that was one of the years it turned so warm, the ice sculpturing thing at Prairie du Chien was canceled due to lack of ice.
Bud

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2021, 11:59 AM »
A few brave souls out on Lake Onalaska today.  Spud went through with one whack so I'll wait a couple days yet.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2021, 12:35 PM »
A few brave souls out on Lake Onalaska today.  Spud went through with one whack so I'll wait a couple days yet.

Walking on one hit ice?  :o

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2021, 08:01 PM »
It's 66 in La Crosse right now ??? and we're about to get smoked by a storm.  Looks like better temps for the rest of the 10 day though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.