Author Topic: truck tires  (Read 9068 times)

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
truck tires
« on: Sep 16, 2019, 12:31 PM »
put a new set of goodyear duratracs on the truck for the upcoming season. heard good things so will be interested to see how they do
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: truck tires
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2019, 01:28 PM »
been using them on my trucks since 2011 with good luck in snow/ice and a little mud here and there

Catchin' Fish

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2019, 04:19 PM »
 i thought my duratracs were rather loud on the highway and poor on glare ice.  good in the mud and snow though plus they look awesome if that's something one is concerned with.  switched to cooper atw's and will be putting on a new set soon after ~80000km.  they do great out on the lakes, city driving in the winter and even got a couple more miles/gallon compared to the goodyears.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2019, 04:58 PM »
All tires suck on glare ice unless they are studded.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2019, 08:23 PM »
I have duratrac’s on my truck, when new these are sweet tires but I’ve had them for 27k and they are very loud and bad in snow/ice. I won’t be buying these again. I have gone the route of a true snow tire (as these are now pretty much useless in the snow/ice) and I will get regular (non AT) next time.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2019, 09:14 PM »
I've never used them before but the best tire I've ever used is the General Grabber AT2s.  Those tires have great traction and wear like iron.  Rumor has it General is stopping making them in certain sizes but  I haven't checked that out yet. 

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2019, 09:20 PM »
I have duratrac’s on my truck, when new these are sweet tires but I’ve had them for 27k and they are very loud and bad in snow/ice. I won’t be buying these again. I have gone the route of a true snow tire (as these are now pretty much useless in the snow/ice) and I will get regular (non AT) next time.
Don’t give up! Get some BFG KO2s. Awesome tire. Wear like iron as well

Offline WalleyeBird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2019, 10:06 PM »
Been very satisfied with my Revo 2’s. Super quiet and enough traction to keep me happy.

Wanted the duratracs but between the initial price and lower mpg I just couldn’t justify it.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2019, 12:09 PM »
Don’t give up! Get some BFG KO2s. Awesome tire. Wear like iron as well

X2 on the BFG KO2s. Put 12,000 km on mine so far this year 20% gravel 20% city 60% gravel roads. Only wear is on the front tires side wall edge from turning in to my parking sport at work. The parking lot is too small to fully back out, pretty much a 4 point turn to get out every day.

for how aggressive the tire looks it's quiet on the highway compared to my old duratracs.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Blizzaks for ice are my choice. I don't use them in the summer though, compound is too soft and the tires heat up and wear quick. Duratracs are a good choice, proven tire that is good in snow/mud. Recently tried the Cooper stmaxx and those friggin things are bulletproof on the trails, kinda slippery on wet tar though, kinda like the bfg's.
It must be something in the water.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2019, 05:18 AM »
Cooper Discover M + S..    ;)
This set i have on my truck are 4 years old and still holding up well. I leave them on year round but i dont put a lot of miles on that truck in a year...
Can also get them studded..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2019, 07:58 AM »
firestone winterforce lt studded. best snow/ice tire made.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Ether the General Grabber AT2 which are becoming hard to find. Or what i am running now. The Yokohama Geolander AT GO15. A very nice tire. Good in snow and on ice.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Gonna try the good year ultra terrains. Discount tire said they are the new and improved dura trac

Offline Theshad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:19 PM »
I run retread mud tires from tire recappers. You can get super aggressive tread patterns for super low prices. Wear well too. Got them on the Jeep and the dually, for the money, it’s the way to go.

Offline rbalkevitch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2019, 08:33 PM »
I went wth handkook i pike winter tires. Like driving in velcro
A wise man once said nothing. Rob~

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:22 PM »
I just recently bought falken wildpeak tires. They are an aggressive tire that is very reasonably priced. The owner of the place I bought them from uses them on his truck and he sells many brands. They have been a great tire so far and today I took them off road in the snow and they performed great. I got tired last year of barely getting around with the road tires that came with my sierra, in off road conditions.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:25 AM »
 2nd generation Bridgestone duelers.. and I like them a lot.. reasonably quiet in the summer, great traction in Mud, sand and snow.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:29 AM »
I’ve had bad experiences with Goodyear tires, I usually stick to BF Goodrich AT TAs or General Grabber ATs.

Offline thordoggydog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:34 AM »
i recently put a set of duractracs on my 2017 f250 diesel. Super happy with how they ride and snow performance is night and day better. I ran bfg ko2's on my toyota tundra but preferred the set of duractracs i put on as 2nd set.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2019, 09:48 AM »
Michelin LTX At2's in load range E, 10ply. Great tires, little bit loud but most all aggressive tires are.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2019, 09:54 AM »

These simple to on/off chains worked wonders on my F150 last winter. I was pushing snow that was over my bumper on unplowed roads and even towed my friend's huge Dodge Ram Diesel Pickup off the lake and up a steep hill when the diesel froze and he got stuck.

A set of 2 fit into a small bag and cost under $100.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless-Chain-AutoTrac-Light-Truck-SUV-Tire-Chains-0232110/19853286?sourceid=csebr0342a5f747f9494af09a530cbfeb437798&wmlspartner=bizratecom&affcmpid=914751544&tmode=0000&veh=cse&szredirectid=15738330741136917723810070302008005
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2019, 12:55 PM »
I need to get a set of chains for when I'm on the logging roads in Northern Maine towing my trailer to the lake. Those look nice.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2019, 01:31 PM »
I need to get a set of chains for when I'm on the logging roads in Northern Maine towing my trailer to the lake. Those look nice.

They would be perfect for that. Can't go over 40 mph when they are on.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline walpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 15, 2019, 03:17 PM »
BFG AT TA KO2's for me right now... I previously had Firestone Destination MT's

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2019, 05:35 PM »
Been running studded Hankook iPike RW11's on my Chevy 3500 for the past 5 or 6 winters.....Will never go another route when it comes to winter tires.....Absolutely love em' !!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Been running studded Hankook iPike RW11's on my Chevy 3500 for the past 5 or 6 winters.....Will never go another route when it comes to winter tires.....Absolutely love em' !!

Suds are great but are illegal in MN.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Suds are great but are illegal in MN.

Suds = Beer and it's illegal there   :o  My oh my, prohibition has been over for a long time.  ;D

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 15, 2019, 08:49 PM »
That shows the cost of a typo!   ;D ;D ;D
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 21, 2019, 10:42 AM »
That shows the cost of a typo!   ;D ;D ;D

Well, when your typo makes beer illegal!?!?!? You are gonna hear about it!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.