Author Topic: West Hill  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
West Hill
« on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:29 PM »
Anyone know the ice thickness on West Hill ?

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
Re: West Hill
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:54 PM »
Last post I saw said wide open. Also curious.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2019, 06:20 PM »
I will be taking a ride up to check it out probably thurs. I will post an update

Offline Hammertime-IceCube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Danbury Fish & Game Association
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:02 PM »
I’d heard it was Still open in the middle , edges iffy but getting better every day

Offline pleclair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:56 PM »
West Hill is locked up other than small area north of Brodie beach where there is flow. I live half a mile away.  I walked out from Brodie Beach on Sunday with no problem and appeared to be a couple inches thick then.  Should be even better now. 

Offline pleclair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 03:40 PM »
Not sure if someone saw my post above but I see someone fishing this afternoon in this spot off Brodie Beach.

Offline water driller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Are there other people fishing on the lake?

groggyfrog

« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2019, 05:39 PM »
Be careful.

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Scouted the lake today. 4 inches at the boat launch and there were 4 guys fishing out on the lake in front of the camp and there tip ups were from close to shore to about 75yrds off shore. Lake appeared to be buttoned up and it is sheer crystal clear ice. Didn’t venture out far because I didn’t have my ice cleats and they are a MUST or your will be on your caboose every two steps

Offline tjb22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Excellent, I'm trying to get there this weekend.

Offline RippinLipsInThe860

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:17 PM »
I will be going there for my first time. Any suggestions on locations, baits, lures? Any info on the bite would be appreciated

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2019, 05:26 AM »
I will be going there for my first time. Any suggestions on locations, baits, lures? Any info on the bite would be appreciated
Get there EARLY. Sunrise best bite there. Too many good spots to list. Look at a map and choose one.

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Is anyone planning on hitting the ice on sat if so please post conditions because I plan on hitting it Sunday. Hopefully this rain didn’t cause much damage and with temp below freezing the next couple days hopefully there will be no standing water on the ice and it’s fishable.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2019, 06:39 AM »
May go there Saturday. If anyone knows how the ice survived the recent rain, please post update
Thx. Fishon.

Offline jm middlesex

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Any news on west hill?

Offline Granby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2019, 06:34 PM »
Went there this afternoon and decided against it although there were a few people out there.  Edges were shot at the boat launch and the ice looked to be about 2-3" that I could break with a swing of an ice chisel.

I just don't like the idea of wading through water to get to ice.  It might be the others on the ice had better access, or maybe the ice was better as you moved away from shore. Who knows, I didn't chance it.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2019, 07:37 AM »
One of my buddies was out there yesterday. He did awesome on trout. Said the edges weren't as bad as they looked and once he got out it was a solid 7"
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

groggyfrog

« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2019, 05:39 PM »
Great update. Heading out tomorrow. Fishing island area.

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 28, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Be careful groggy. Make sure you wear brownie the snow suit 😂 because it’s gonna be chilly and snowy. Look forward to the 🎣 report tomorrow because I am heading up there at some point this week if your interested in getting out fished AGAIN😂. Good luck tomorrow

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Heading up there thurs and wondering if there are any ice condition updates. No updates since 1/26 and I will be fishing numerous areas. Bringing the ATV to hit numerous spots so I will have a update Thursday night.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2019, 05:48 AM »
Be careful larosa, that place doesn't seem to freeze evenly.

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:06 AM »
Appreciate your concern. It’s -6 up there rt now with a high of 14 today and single digits tonight. If there is any doubt on safety the atv stays on the trailer. I could use the exercise anyway.

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Beautiful day on the ice today. Little chillly this am -5 but 12 people showed up. There is 12 inches of ice along the rt side just past the beach from the launch and the guys from Coventry had 6-8 inches of ice about 100 ft out in 20 ft of water. Plenty of ice on the lake. Guys were in front of the boys camp so I would says there is plenty of safe ice. Fishing was so so and all groups had flags and fish. The guys from Coventry landed a 5lb pickerel along with a few more smaller pickerel and there was a few 15-16 inch browns caught.

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2019, 06:20 PM »
Beautiful day on the ice today. Little chillly this am -5 but 12 people showed up. There is 12 inches of ice along the rt side just past the beach from the launch and the guys from Coventry had 6-8 inches of ice about 100 ft out in 20 ft of water. Plenty of ice on the lake. Guys were in front of the boys camp so I would says there is plenty of safe ice. Fishing was so so and all groups had flags and fish. The guys from Coventry landed a 5lb pickerel along with a few more smaller pickerel and there was a few 15-16 inch browns caught.
You see any ATV's out there ?

Offline larosa8878

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2019, 06:57 PM »
No but you will see mine out there tomorrow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.