Author Topic: Fish Crisp?  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Longwooddrive

• IceShanty Rookie
  • From the gridiron to the ice
Fish Crisp?
« on: Feb 28, 2007, 02:08 PM »
Looking at those fish is making my mouth water..How do you guys cook your whitefish?  I like to fillet them and toss them in some original or cajun fish crisp and pop them in the frying pan....Man that makes a great meal.  One of the great rewards when you arrive home from a long day on the ice!!!! Got a love it!!
Andrew
"Knowledge is power, Power is knowledge!"

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fish Crisp?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2007, 02:56 PM »
ya man that is one hell of a good meal right there.  We cooked some right out on the ice a couple weeks ago them and pikerel OH MY WAS IT GOOD STUFF.

My dad likes whities baked full in the oven with some bacon on them and also they are pretty tasty on the BBQ, but what doesn't taste good on the BBQ... ;D this passed monday was a nice day so me and a few buddy sipped down some beers and had a BBQ after classes MAN WAS IT EVER A GOOD TIME!!!

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I love catchin' em but most conventional ways of cooking them don't float my boat.  The one way I do love them though is SMOKED!  They smoke up great and have awesome flavor and texture.

Good Fishing  :tipup:

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2007, 11:14 AM »
 Fish crisp all the way, no matter what kind of fish! I like the original the best, garlic and butter is good to. Dip the fish in milk or cream before coating them..makes them EXTRA CRISPY.
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Grill them on the BBQ. Boneless fillet again, scaled with skin on. Flesh side down medium high for 2 mins. Flip and finish skin side to grill. Baste while grilling with 50/50 mix of FRESH squeezed lime juice and melted butter. Do NOT overcook. Season with crushed pepper and plenty of sea salt. Very quick and simple and delicious, especially winter caught fish.
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline Wild-man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2007, 01:52 PM »
boneless fillets, layered with spinach and cottage cheese, topped with parmesan and baked till golden. DAMN!!!!
Never Met a Fish I Didn't Like...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.