Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Munising Bay Ice History

(1/2) > >>

Hemy1201:
Thought some people might find this interesting. I was told someone at the mill in town started this chart. If anyone has the numbers from the last couple years would love to get it up to date.
Anyone recall the winter of '95-'96??

whiteymalone:
Interesting that the record short and record long were in back to back years.

Hemy1201:
Agreed, very strange!

Flag UP:

--- Quote from: Hemy1201 on Dec 18, 2021, 06:22 AM ---Thought some people might find this interesting. I was told someone at the mill in town started this chart. If anyone has the numbers from the last couple years would love to get it up to date.
Anyone recall the winter of '95-'96??

--- End quote ---

I'm in the western end of the UP. In the 2nd weekend of May '96 we went to fish for pike and walleye on a Wi./Mi. border water, Lac Vieux Desert. There were a bunch of fishermen out on the lake ice fishing. We found a boat launch site near the mouth of a river so we were able to launch the boat and fish in the small bay where the launch was but >90% of the lake was still ice covered.
Lake Medora, up near Copper Harbor on the tip of the Keweenaw peninsula didn't have it's ice go out until Memorial Day weekend.

homemadespud:
Last winter We were on it February 13th but it was froze about a week earlier, so around Feb. 1st to the 7th

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version