Author Topic: Ice shack suspension torsion bar  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Pantallica

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice shack suspension torsion bar
« on: Dec 13, 2016, 10:09 PM »
I'm building an aluminum frame shack. 
I'd like it to be flip down or crank down suspension.  From what I've read everyone says torsion bar suspension.

I can't find any site that sell the suspension.  All the forums say "just search the Internet" or dead links, or say they tried emailing zack shack ice castle with no replies.

I know what the outside view looks like and that you mount the tube part on the inside of the shack but how does the spindle flip up to make the shack drop? 

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice shack suspension torsion bar
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2016, 07:54 AM »
This is what the Zack Shack torsion looks like.   The two little things on the floor in the middle of the shack.  They have a spring assist in them.  I'm not sure where to buy them at.

https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/bbu_images/fishing/post_images/1263176271_phone051.jpg
Gunnerdog

Offline Pantallica

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Thank you. That's what I plan on doing.  I'm just unsure of how the lever works to make the shack go flush to the ground.  Id like to see what it looks like between the wheel and the shack and how the arm is welded onto the spindle.

Offline Pantallica

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2016, 01:04 PM »
can anyone point me in the direction of which torsion spindles to buy?

Offline flyfish59102

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it didn't have a mother then it wasn't a meal.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2022, 10:27 AM »
Did you ever find a place to find parts? If you don't want to post generally can you email me? I am looking for information about where you got your parts and how you designed your shack. I am considering doing something similar. PM me if you can.

flyfish59102

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.