Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Marcum LX3 Has anyone seen this flasher in action?

(1/2) > >>

Sudsmaster:

Hey Trapperdirk ...got you message on the other board (Sudsmaster) and decided to follow up on here ...have you seen this flasher in action and how does it really differ from the FL18? I haven't been able to locate any Canadian suppliers for this unit which makes me nervous.  Maybe some of the board members can put me at ease...price is a real factor as this unit is approx 100.00 less after exchange from Cabelas...any input would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing how is the ice holding up in the Huntsville area...coming up to the parents house at Windermere and was hoping to wet a few lines over the weekend ..usually just go out on Rosseau from the dock in the village but was wondering if there may be other places that could provide a change in scenery ...have a ATV and a portable so I open to any suggestions...

trapperdirk:
Well sudsy2 I now own a Marcum LX-3 and there are many posts on here about them in comparison to VEX and I know where they are if you have probs but check this thread on our equipment boards .

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=23660.0

The ice is great up this way and I've been fishing since the beginning of the month with only a couple days off . Some places my Jiffy auger is almost bottoming out but I can't tell you anything about Lake Rosseau as I have not been there this year but doubt you will have probs with ice .If you need more detailed info you can e-mail me or use the PM feature on this site . Also welcome to the board and holler if you need anything . Oh Sudsy2 you have a PM .

TD

icejunky:
Hey Trapper,  I have been looking to buy a vex for awhile now, I just read thru the threads on the Markum, where can I go to look at one up close and personal?

fishing4life:
Yeah Sudsy,

I was on rosseau a couple of days ago.  The ice is good probaly a good 24".  I don't know if that helps or not.

cheers!!!

trapperdirk:

--- Quote from: icejunky on Mar 24, 2005, 03:57 PM ---Hey Trapper,  I have been looking to buy a vex for awhile now, I just read thru the threads on the Markum, where can I go to look at one up close and personal?

--- End quote ---

Well the Marcum is not sold anywhere in Canada as yet to my knowledge , Icejunky , but I'm working on that to change so you either have to find somebody such as myself who brought one in or go stateside to see one . If your in my area I would gladly give you a hands on demo . Since I got my unit and seen it work beside VEX and the X67C icemachine I'm happy that I chose the Marcum LX-3 even though all performed well and did the job they are meant to do .  I just feel the LX-3 did more for your buck and without issues under any conditions . ;)

TD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version