Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Whitefish

Good Whitefishing in Minnesota, Eh?

(1/1)

TackleTester:
Hey guys, I am just getting into whitefishing and unfortunately I live in the whitefishing no fly zone........Indiana :woot:  However, I take 2 trips to Canada/Minnesota border fishing for walleye, pike, bass, the usuals.  I mean I am one serious fisherman.   I fished in a hailstorm yesterday........don't try that at home....very painful.  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me some hints on how to catch these things in open water.....like what depths to try, lures to use, and what to look for on the depthfinder.  Thanks in advance.  Appreciate it.

Catch em up
                    Brian

fishuhalik:
I've had really good success for whities on Cut Foot Souix by Big Winnibigoshish.  Two years ago me & pops came home with 36 whities & 21 tulibees, not to mention about 15 slab craps & about 10 jumbos.  Go into McAvity Bay, & fish about 45-50 ft.  Also, you should be able to get a couple of slab craps right in with 'em.  Just watch your vex.  Keep your bait on the bottom, & when ya see something move in that's about half way down, drop down a waxy.  I haven't had much luck with 'em on minners.  The biggest whity we got was about 5 lbs.  Talk about a fight on an ultralight rod with 4 lb. test.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version