The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEK Report 12/2/2007  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Fish Whistler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Smelt. It does a body good.
NEK Report 12/2/2007
« on: Dec 04, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Fished Spec. Pond in IP Sunday.  Knew it had been locked up since the last weekend of rifle season, so I figured it was a safe bet for the bait receipt.  Bait dealer hadn't gotten any bait yet.  All he had left was perch bait, a few heavy mediums, and some huge suckers.  No spikes, no crawlers!?!?!  Anyway, plenty cold Sunday morning.  Somewhere around 6 inches of ice.  Got some perch and three pickerel. 

After we ran out of bait, cruised up to Newport.  IP had a skim of ice.  Salem had 2 inches.  Two guys jigging perch on South Bay.  4 inches of ice there.  Down 91 to Joe's pond.  Before it locked up the wind had blown all the chunk ice down to the access and it looked pretty iffy.  5 inches by shore with less as you worked out.  Stopped at another bait shop, no spikes there either.

Will add pictures as soon as the guy I went with sends them to me.

P.
Most posts deleted at some point.

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NEK Report 12/2/2007
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:31 PM »
any ice on Magog. Never been there but seen plenty of photos of fish from there.Needless to say I will be there this year?

Offline Fish Whistler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Smelt. It does a body good.
Re: NEK Report 12/2/2007
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2007, 10:42 AM »
I wouldn't bet on safe ice on the main lake.  I heard they got a foot of snow in the storm.  Went up to a certain pond that was frozen last week to fish for smelt, but it had added ZERO ice in 5 days of below freezing temps including one night at -5.  Ice is going to grow slowly on anything that was frozen before the snow. 
Most posts deleted at some point.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.