Author Topic: Youth ATV  (Read 928 times)

Offline churley918

• IceShanty Rookie
Youth ATV
« on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:40 PM »
Family growing on the ice and can no longer get them me and the two boys out on the ice. Both 8 yr old and six yr old have been running 50cc quads and dirt bikes, but the 50cc won't run well in the winter. Seen a 150cc from arctic cat also thinking about a 120cc sled. 

Anybody else have a young family to head out with and what are you using?

Offline Wind River Kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><(((^)))*>
Re: Youth ATV
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:53 PM »
How far do you have to travel in to get to your lakes? How much snow do you get on an average?

Offline churley918

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:06 PM »
Have a home in central Wisconsin, right across the street from my main lake, big lake so freezes late so will hit smaller area lake early and trailer quad and pop ups around. Usually have 6" to 10" of snow on the lake all season...

Offline Wind River Kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><(((^)))*>
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:15 PM »
A little 120 sled might be perfect for your kids if you have that short of a ride. My son had one but we ride quite a ways into some of our lakes and it just wouldn't cut it following the big sleds. Once he got there though he played around on it all day and it wasn't to obnoxious to listen to. I upgraded him to a tundra 2 and he does a lot better on longer rides but plays less when we get there.

Offline churley918

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Well, picked up the AC 150 this last week.  Have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the little machine!  Runs great and handles surprisingly well. Will have to see how well it starts in the cold this winter. FYI - one weekend and he's got 25 miles on it... Wonder how many laps around the house that works out to be!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.