Author Topic: Sled electronic problem  (Read 938 times)

Offline lostfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sled electronic problem
« on: Mar 02, 2010, 07:52 AM »
I have a Polaris 550 trail touring fan cooled sled about ten years old. It's a great ice fishing rig and has been trouble free for a long time. Last weekend my headlight just shut off during my ride out in the morning but then came back on about ten minutes later. During the day, I noticed that it went on and off and my hand/thumb warmers seemed to do the same thing at the same time. When the headlight went off, there is still a faint glow in the bulb(s). I figured voltage regulator but a buddy said that if it were gone or going that the bulbs would blow.  Any help would sure be appreciated.
Thank you.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sled electronic problem
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2010, 08:33 AM »
Sounds to my like it's most likely a bad ground somewhere, make sure the ground connections are nice and tight, and clean off any rust. If they're all fine, check for loose connections at the plugs, and corrosion in the plugs. Then check for frayed or pinched wires. With electrical problems, check the simple stuff first, before you start replacing the expensive pieces like voltage regulators. Good Luck!
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline lostfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sled electronic problem
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:27 AM »
Thanks !  I'll be on it tomorrow and I'll be checking all those connections.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.