Author Topic: Redneck ice fishing machine  (Read 16091 times)

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
Re: Redneck ice fishing machine
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:50 AM »
If you have ever lifted a lawn tractor off the ground you would know how hard it would be to get them unstuck. The small four wheelers you can find will work much better. You will have to register it and wear a helmet, but it will do what you want. I have saw them for 5 hundred and up. Mine is a 125. Weighs 200lb and pulls all my stuff. I have to make a trail in the deep stuff but in my area deep stuff don't last too long. More days without deep snow. I made a video recently of my shanty folding and on the end of the video is the pulling with the four wheeler. The shanty is 332lbs. The guy on the sled is over 200lbs. I have all of my equipment including an electric Icegator. I would say at least another 200. I have pulled over 1300lbs on slick ice, but I won't try it in the snow. The chain is only rated to 960lbs. I am only posting this as an option for the tractor. I can load the four wheeler by myself. I don't think I could load a tractor by myself without some fancy trailer or ramps.

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg161/michianiafisherman/?action=view&current=Shanty.flv
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2010, 02:05 PM »
hey Mich i love your shanty and how it all folds up. i think it's the best home made one I've ever seen :o :o. but the idea i was thinking about with the tractor is this. i already have the tractor and would like to use it. I've got a trailer already and I'm going to build my shanty to fit on the trailer and drive the tractor on top of the trailer after i place the shanty on top. the skies will be made to fit in between the wheels of the tractor. when i get to the water i drive the tractor off the trailer. fold out the skies so the will run in the tire tracks of the tractor. flip the shanty off the trailer hook it up to the tractor and drive off to the water. basically the shanty will be under the tractor when on the road. the trailer that i have is real small i could probally even use it to haul stuff out on the water. just a thought with out the extra money i don't have.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2010, 06:31 AM »
hey Mich i love your shanty and how it all folds up. i think it's the best home made one I've ever seen :o :o. but the idea i was thinking about with the tractor is this. i already have the tractor and would like to use it. I've got a trailer already and I'm going to build my shanty to fit on the trailer and drive the tractor on top of the trailer after i place the shanty on top. the skies will be made to fit in between the wheels of the tractor. when i get to the water i drive the tractor off the trailer. fold out the skies so the will run in the tire tracks of the tractor. flip the shanty off the trailer hook it up to the tractor and drive off to the water. basically the shanty will be under the tractor when on the road. the trailer that i have is real small i could probally even use it to haul stuff out on the water. just a thought with out the extra money i don't have.
It sounds like you have some good ideas. Ideas are useless if you don't see them through. If you have problems with your ideas you can always come up with new ones from your experience. I say try what you want and solve the problems later. By then you may have some more money.
Once you start pulling things out on the ice with any machine, you will be surprised at what you bring with ya.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 11, 2010, 02:53 PM »
It sounds like you have some good ideas. Ideas are useless if you don't see them through. If you have problems with your ideas you can always come up with new ones from your experience. I say try what you want and solve the problems later. By then you may have some more money.
Once you start pulling things out on the ice with any machine, you will be surprised at what you bring with ya.
I'm hoping that it isn't much more then i bring now. i walk so i have to travel lite. with the machine i want to still travel lite because I'm going to have to put all that stuff away when i got home after fishing LOL. i know that that's probably not going to happen, but hears to wishing.

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #34 on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:01 PM »
It is pretty neat, reminds me of a Rubic's cube! Really nice job. Hat's off to the engineering and thought that went in to that one. Only problem is you will be making another just to fix the little issues that only you know about.

Bruster

Offline Lifeguard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:31 PM »
i dont own a 4x4 quad with 700cc or a snowmobile that will do 120 miles mph................... ...

but what i do own is sweet 12hp 1969 allis chalmers lawn tractor. this machine has the horsepower and the tourque to pull just about anything. this isnt your craftsman you can buy today. but a very well built working machine. how redneck would it be to use it as a gear puller on the ice? of course the old girl would have some chains on her. 7th gear in 3rd speed goes ALOT faster then i can walk. let alone pull two guys crap. the older i get the  more i realise it could just be so much easier. this might be the key. good news is doesnt need to be registered its a lawn tractor!!! i want to be able to bring more out on the ice. food,cookers, chairs, maybe even some wood for a small fire, three hot brunettes wanting to get "jiggy"............ooops A.D.D. again.  :o

so..............anyone ever see this done? if not keep your eyes open on lake one day for an old mustard yellow tractor. say hello its likely me.  my name is hoppy. REDNECK ICE FISHING RULES!!!!

Go for it, but lose the chains and do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCMhW6liow

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Go for it, but lose the chains and do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCMhW6liow

thats really cool, nice and thanks

Offline handload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:15 PM »
I love all the redneck stuff! I have an atv for fishing but atv's are not permited for use on any town road in my town regardless. However, I have been known to take my Cub Caddet to the store a mile and a half away for a pack of smokes..........perfec tly legal!

Anyway, has anyone seen the youtube video of the guy sitting on a cooler in a jet sled with all his gear going across the ice being pulled by a small rototiller.........rea l funny if you can find it.........real creative too.

Offline danakaiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 14, 2010, 04:20 PM »

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2010, 01:55 PM »
how about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyX83q756UQ

hey that's awesome but they have one that they made it to look like a quad. it has handle bars and you sit on top of it. i thinks it's a better machine. it's pretty fast and just as maneuverable as that machine is. that's  the one i want.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.