Author Topic: Flaming Gorge 2019 (final trip pics added 3-14-19)  (Read 11418 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Flaming Gorge 2019 (final trip pics added 3-14-19)
« on: Jan 09, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Its that time of year and the date has been set, the emails are out. Check you inbox's. January 25-27. Right during the burbot bash for those wanting to enter. The ice reports I'm getting makes me think we will be in the south buckboard/big bend area this year. I will have more info after this weekends scouting trip. Get your stuff ready for the 2019 sleeper shack showdown on the gorge  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Flaming Gorge 2019
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted Friday on the recon mission. Its going to be cool to see all the sleeper shacks and great ideas you've all came up with.  :woot:
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Getting super excited! Thanks for all you do Matt! You are a catch of a lifetime as far as friends go.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2019, 02:02 PM »
Getting super excited! Thanks for all you do Matt! You are a catch of a lifetime as far as friends go.

Right back at ya. As the saying goes "Birds of a feather flock together" Our crew of ice heads is only as good as we are to each other.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:12 PM »
Ok so Biggest pup went 24in. Good end of day with some sunlight, Had light to moderate snow most of the morning. Found an average 4.5in good hard ice everywhere we went towards the cliffs in big bend. Hopefully will be good to go in 2 weeks, with thicker ice.  2-3in of snow on the ice right now in big bend. Might melt down this weekend with the predicted temps

Did our part to bring home a couple limits. What a great end of day on the gorge.

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2019, 08:58 AM »
Yes what a great day for fishing and I am sure we should be able to hit the cliffs in a few weeks

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:10 AM »
Thanks for doing a recon trip! I appreciate knowing what the conditions are so that I know what to bring as far as gear goes. Sounds like a hare’s ear nymph in a size 20 was the ticket. I am hoping that the snow sticks around.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2019, 01:58 PM »
I was thinking of you guys yesterday!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2019, 07:36 PM »
Good video joe, you got that tackle making down. I will probably start doing some of that myself one day. Good work
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Good video joe, you got that tackle making down. I will probably start doing some of thai myself one day
Thanks buddy. I hope that the fish cooperate.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2019, 09:32 PM »
I was thinking of you guys yesterday! https://youtu.be/umY0ZODFSms

Joe what a video your getting pretty dam good that make your jigs and lead heads that is pretty cool thanks for sharing

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:04 PM »

Joe what a video your getting pretty dam good that make your jigs and lead heads that is pretty cool thanks for sharing
Thanks buddy! I am happy that you guys had a good day on the recon trip. Can’t wait!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2019, 11:07 PM »
I'll put up a few more pics tomorrow
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Way cool how to video Joe, Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Sweet jigs, great idea putting the sent in jig.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Here's some pics of the scouting trip. A few with fish and as always, trying to capture the great scenery.  @)

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2019, 10:16 AM »
Looks like a good recon trip! Great video Joe I have always wanted to take the plunge and start doing that myself but have yet to do it. So when are you going to start making your own rods? That is about the only thing I can come up with that you don't do.

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Joe, how early you going up this year?

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2019, 02:53 PM »
X2 on the prospector special hand made with love ice fishing poles!!   

:thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

Offline holedupforfun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2019, 03:12 PM »
Nice set up! way to haul em

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 2019, 03:06 PM »
ok boy's it's time to start getting things ready for our trip I can't wait to try out my new sleeper

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Yes it is, picked up a rod rack for the wheeler & another Jawjacker at lunch today :thumbsup: dont you hate it when you have gift cards burning a hole in your wallet  ;D Pretty sure I got a dose of Fish Pox today as I was a little late coming back  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:09 PM »
Looks like a good recon trip! Great video Joe I have always wanted to take the plunge and start doing that myself but have yet to do it. So when are you going to start making your own rods? That is about the only thing I can come up with that you don't do.
Thanks buddy! Hit record on your phone and I will be your first subscriber.
I will probably head down on Tuesday or Wednesday. My accountant asked me to go to Nelson reservior in Montana this Friday through Sunday. Even Joe has obligations boys! So, when I get home from all of that work, I will turn and burn down to the Gorge. Still waiting to see what the weather looks like and the snow situation before deciding what gear to bring.
As far as fishing rods go, I have been looking into procuring the equipment for such a task. The “Hut Bomber”  (24”-28” Ultra Light) will probably be the first in a lineup that will include many other companion rods named after the boys of winter. Stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:58 PM »
I hope this storm blowing in isn't as bad as they are predicting. I am driving down to Denver on Friday and then back Sunday. Fishing somewhere around here on Monday then going to Jackson on Tuesday and then hopefully heading down there with you all on Friday. Lots of traveling is the point so I hope the roads hold for me.

Joe I may have to start taking my old go pro along with me I just don't think it will be all that compelling to most.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Jan 15, 2019, 06:38 PM »
The “Hut Bomber”  (24”-28” Ultra Light) will probably be the first in a lineup that will include many other companion rods named after the boys of winter. Stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled!

Ya buddy, better name one the jizzybug jiggler, I'll be the 1st to buy one for my jigging jacker :thumbsup: be safe working joe

I hope this storm blowing in isn't as bad as they are predicting. I am driving down to Denver on Friday and then back Sunday. Fishing somewhere around here on Monday then going to Jackson on Tuesday and then hopefully heading down there with you all on Friday. Lots of traveling is the point so I hope the roads hold for me.

Joe I may have to start taking my old go pro along with me I just don't think it will be all that compelling to most.

Hope all your travels are good ryan. That's awesome your going to make it down. Are you staying in the ice with us? What day you heading out?  Let than joe the rest of us will be the Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I'll get some maps out before the weekend. Man if you start filming im going to have no choice but to look into a go pro. Can't let all you guys get all the fame
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Maps are out, check your inboxs. Hope it works for everyone. With the way the roads are sounding this year being pretty drifty and the storms predicted before we head up, I think Rd.8 is our best bet for access. The ice could be better for sure but its solid and should be just enough by the time we get there. I had no probs going from the parking area down into the start of the cliffs on my bike last friday where we want to do some camping/burb slaying. There was just enough snow on the ice for wheelers and sleds. I still cant decide what I'm taking yet. With the storms coming in, the sled will probably go better than my chained up 2wheel drive bike. We'll see   ???
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:50 AM »
Matt I am not 100% that I can make it down yet but if I do I would like to be there late friday and leave late Saturday spending friday night on the ice with you all. I just got my sled put back together and running so it may be a decent first trip out with it. No more of that doubling up crap we had to do on Cascade last year. Hopefully I put it all together correctly lol.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 16, 2019, 09:18 AM »
Thanks Matt!

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2019, 01:11 PM »
Thanks Matt

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2019, 01:36 PM »
That’s probably my favorite place to camp on the gorge. It’s quite the “room with a view”!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #29 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Thanks Matt ! Was wondering if you think I can get the 5th wheel down to the camping area? With this new storm maybe I should stick with the snowmobile trailer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.