The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Potash/tri town  (Read 1411 times)

Offline vtbrookfisher87

• Team IceShanty Regular
Potash/tri town
« on: Feb 26, 2021, 03:12 PM »
Heading up next next weekend havent been up there in years wondering if anyone has info on access and ice conditions

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Potash/tri town
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2021, 09:35 AM »
I think you may be a week late.  Button is open water and that line is moving south daily.  Even if someone told you conditions on Friday I'd personally check because last week Button was locked.  Now it's open.  Good northwest wind and that ice will disappear very quickly.

Offline EyERipLip

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Above the Ice, under the influence
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2021, 02:08 PM »
I’m sitting on tri town as we speak 8+ inches of good clear ice no snow on top. Potash was the same 2 days ago. Should hold up long enough for ya to get out here

Offline vtbrookfisher87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2021, 07:03 PM »
Thanks for the info i know it doesmt take long for that place to open up hopefully i can get on friday

Offline vtbrookfisher87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:23 PM »
How did the ice hold up after the rain and wind planning on heading up on friday afternoon any input is greatly appreciated

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2021, 03:48 PM »
Thanks for the info i know it doesmt take long for that place to open up hopefully i can get on friday

I am hoping in 2 weeks it's open water so I can get the boat out.

Offline vtbrookfisher87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2021, 05:46 PM »
Haha its that time of year anything can happen around here no spring in sight yet lol

Offline BlackDucksAndBrownDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2021, 06:24 PM »
People did fish off Potash today.  One group accessed from Port Henry. I assume the others were on foot.

I also used Port Henry but, since I was alone, wasn't willing to take the risk.  I had a slow day (2 lakers, a few smelt, and a few perch) about a mile north.  Several dropped baits on traps -- fish didn't seem aggressive.

Pressure cracks were very active today.  The one by the access almost swallowed my rig this evening -- the shelf cracked as my machine crossed.  Luckily,  I had enough momentum and the Snowdog gained enough traction to float the sleds across.  Note -- that crack was solid this morning.

Today is my last day on Champlain.

Headed back to the NEK for the finale.

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2021, 11:51 AM »
Anyone been in this area lately??  Would like to make one more trip this weekend with the kids.  Thanks in advance.   Tight lines!!

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2021, 07:25 PM »
Anyone been in this area lately??  Would like to make one more trip this weekend with the kids.  Thanks in advance.   Tight lines!!

Ridges are getting bad.  I brought my 8 year old last weekend and there's no chance I am bringing her back.  Hope that helps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.