The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Carry bay  (Read 1408 times)

Offline GoGetTheNet!

• IceShanty Rookie
Carry bay
« on: Feb 20, 2021, 05:22 PM »
Thinking about taking a couple friends here tomorrow and I'd like to get on some fish, any word on how the bite has been at Carry recently? Was up at Keelers last weekend and it was real slow, one hammerhandle all day. Tight lines  :tipup:

Offline GoGetTheNet!

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Carry bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2021, 10:15 AM »
Well we tried it and had a decent day, caught 2 nice pike, the biggest around 9 lbs. Several bass and lots of smaller perch.

Offline PhilAPino48

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2021, 09:12 AM »
How deep out did you end up grabbing the pike?

Offline GoGetTheNet!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2021, 08:35 AM »
We tried in as deep as 10 feet but both pike were in less than 6 FOW

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:26 AM »
We tried in as deep as 10 feet but both pike were in less than 6 FOW
I met a group of fisherman yesterday that were targeting pike , I pointed out a nice shelf with 4-8 feet of water. friends and I had caught dozens of 15#plus pike on that shelf over the years. They looked at me funny and headed for 30 feet of water to fish !  ;D

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2021, 12:25 PM »
I met a group of fisherman yesterday that were targeting pike , I pointed out a nice shelf with 4-8 feet of water. friends and I had caught dozens of 15#plus pike on that shelf over the years. They looked at me funny and headed for 30 feet of water to fish !  ;D
In their defense, I've had years on Southern Champlain where the late January to mid February bite was best in 12 to 18 feet of water. In the bays and close to shore when the weeds die off it pushes the fish deeper. I also caught my best pike ever on Lake Dunmore on a salmon set 3 ft below the ice over 65 feet of water. So, ya never know.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2021, 05:41 PM »
In their defense, I've had years on Southern Champlain where the late January to mid February bite was best in 12 to 18 feet of water. In the bays and close to shore when the weeds die off it pushes the fish deeper. I also caught my best pike ever on Lake Dunmore on a salmon set 3 ft below the ice over 65 feet of water. So, ya never know.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.