Author Topic: anybody from the QC checked the ice?  (Read 931 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
anybody from the QC checked the ice?
« on: Feb 11, 2012, 08:47 PM »
 I was wondering if anybody has been out to check the ice to see how thick it was.
 Thanks
  Matt

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anybody from the QC checked the ice?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2012, 09:05 PM »
there was less ice in my spots today than there was last saturday.  this wind doesn't help at all.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2012, 10:01 PM »
 That sucks! The spot I fish is pretty protected form the wind so I'm hoping it was solid before the wind. I'm going to run out and take a look in the morning and see whats up.
 Matt

there was less ice in my spots today than there was last saturday.  this wind doesn't help at all.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Lake Carlton in Morrison, IL had 6 inches of ice. The top 1 inch was white though. I did quite a bit of walking yesterday. Lots of popping and cracking going on though. It was also pretty windy. Fishing was a little slow and only brought home 3...yes 3 bluegill for the freezer.
jbird68

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Went to the lake bight and early this morning to just turn around and come back home. There was 3" but it was 1 1/2" of clear and 1 1/2" of white ice. I walked out about 10'-15'
 And the ice was popping and cracking so I got off. What a bummer. The lake was completely locked up just not there yet. With the way the temps are looking it might not be ready by next weekend either :'(
 Matt

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2012, 03:50 PM »
Lots of open water today in spots there was ice on Thursday.  This stupid wind is killing everything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.