Author Topic: Fish reports  (Read 4044 times)

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fish reports
« on: Dec 18, 2018, 08:42 AM »
So where are people catching ? not asking for any sweet spots just a general area ......Chalet ? Balsam ? ...........would like somewhere that i might have a chance of getting something on my first trip 
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline flat liner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fish reports
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2018, 08:05 AM »
I fished from 100 out about a mile and moved a few times getting closer to 200 on Sunday. We were in 15 to 8 feet under the 20" of ice, trucks were all around. Only two fish all day. I heard from friends and a couple are guides, that they are doing good in some areas on the west side, near the mouth and Sal channel.

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Thanks , sounds a lot like last year .........
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Bob793

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2018, 06:07 PM »
I was on the west side today. Managed  5 walleye. 1 just under 28 inches.not alot of marks on the flasher. Fished in front of the salimonia channel in 10 ft of water. Ice was 20 inches thick.

Offline flat liner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2018, 07:49 AM »
I was out from Pruden on boxing day and we managed a couple limits, one being 27 and another 23. The buddy went back to the same spot yesterday and only got one 28. The group marked only a couple after moving around a couple times but no other takers all day on the ice.

Offline Bob793

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2018, 05:02 PM »
I have never been to pruden creek . Can you drive on with a truck. Which road do take to get there.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Been out on the east side few times in December but have not had a hallmark day yet. Never skunked, usually 2 or 3 decent eaters. Lots of baitfish marking and typical small sauger and perch darting up and down on the screen. Buddies been on the west side and doing well. Have to make some tracks that way soon.

FF 
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline flat liner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:38 PM »
I have never been to pruden creek . Can you drive on with a truck. Which road do take to get there.
  Drive through Libua, keep going down the main street off 59 for a few miles. The road takes a 90, you drive on for a few hundred yards till you see a road on the left. Follow that to the end and then drive on the trail through the marsh till you hit the river, go right, drive till you hit the lake. That's it. It will take you about 30 minutes to get there from the Esso on 59,  The 59'er.

Offline Bob793

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2019, 09:08 PM »
Thanks for the info flat liner. Might give it try in the next few weeks.

Offline Huey2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Seven of us on the ice today. Balsom. Sunup to dark, not a nibble. Moved around to cover a larger area in hopes of finding something. No luck. Live minnows and jigging lures. Still a great day on the ice but I sure miss my fish fry!

Offline flat liner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2019, 07:51 AM »
Seven of us on the ice today. Balsom. Sunup to dark, not a nibble. Moved around to cover a larger area in hopes of finding something. No luck. Live minnows and jigging lures. Still a great day on the ice but I sure miss my fish fry!
  I'm sure someone will eventually tell me to stop telling people were Pruden is but, to bad, that's why we all go on these sites, to share. Try Pruden next time, it's closer to the city, closer to the mouth and people have been catching some fish there, nothing much for numbers though. I never have luck with live bait, salties only. The other option is go west, that's where they seem to be right now.

Offline Huey2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2019, 10:18 AM »
  I'm sure someone will eventually tell me to stop telling people were Pruden is but, to bad, that's why we all go on these sites, to share. Try Pruden next time, it's closer to the city, closer to the mouth and people have been catching some fish there, nothing much for numbers though. I never have luck with live bait, salties only. The other option is go west, that's where they seem to be right now.
Greatly appreciate the info. Will try something on the west side next time  (if that's where people are having better results) but I'm mostly unfamiliar with access points on that side as I'm traveling from the southeast. Any pointers? Thanks in advance   :tipup:

Offline Bob793

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2019, 09:08 PM »
Off hwy number 9 .turn right on chalet beach rd. At the stop sign turn left ,warner road is next that is your access on the west side.i have had a bit of luck out there.

Offline Huey2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2019, 09:47 PM »
Off hwy number 9 .turn right on chalet beach rd. At the stop sign turn left ,warner road is next that is your access on the west side.i have had a bit of luck out there.

Thanks Bob. Appreciate the info. Now all I need is the time to get out again. ]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.