Author Topic: Does the new style IceArmor Extreme Gloves fair better than the poor old style?  (Read 635 times)

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bought two pair of the IceArmor Extreme gloves on black friday for $20 a pop (normally $40).  Great deal.  My son said his were too big so I returned them and they didn't have any to exchange with so I left and ordered some Striker Ice Climate gloves for him.  I kept my IceArmor and the 3 or 4th time out they ripped.  The spot where they ripped was not even a stress point. 

Called Clam and they had me destroy the gloves and they are sending me the new 2016 style?  Do these hold up any better? Or should I look for something better at year end sales?
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I hope they hold up better for you and everyone's sake.  I have a couple years older long gloves & mittens and that was an expensive mistake.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Mine have been put though the paces & are holding up well.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
i quit buying clam. they have great service, but not so great products.
the water proof clam gloves i bought has issues and they sent more of the same with the same issues. after a while you get tiered of waiting for some thing that will last to arrive in the mail so you move on to another brand.
as far as gloves, i can't find gloves good enough to keep them on while fishing. i have to remove them to remove fish and bait hooks.

jersey gloves with dots work most of the time for me and a hand warmer inside the glove on the palm on cold days.
i've tried all kinds of gloves including glomits and fingerless and wool and neoprene and i always go back to the jersey gloves even for working on cars and plowing and shoveling ect.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict

as far as gloves, i can't find gloves good enough to keep them on while fishing. i have to remove them to remove fish and bait hooks.

Me too, and it is real easy to just stick your hand in your pocket in between fish.  I use them more hole hopping, but usually only leave the left glove on. 

I am curious to see how these new ones last.  I just got notice they shipped. Might have to be next year....be 60 degrees here on Friday, local ice is already gone.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
The new ones arrived in one day after shipping notice.   The new style appear to be larger pieces of fabric with leather patches sewn on.  The old style were more a bunch of little pieces of fabric sewn together.   More chance for a seam failure.  New ones carry a 5 year warranty.   

Clam stands behind their stuff.  Between these gloves and the plastic connectors on my Nanook wind brace they have taken care of me. 

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm not buying anything Clam anymore either, too many bad products. I think their reputation is shot.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.