Author Topic: Feb 12/13, 2005 team PG get together.  (Read 5269 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Feb 12/13, 2005 team PG get together.
« on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:05 PM »
OK Whisk were is it going to be? Your dads cabin on coo coo? I went out to west lake this afternoon to replenish my bait supply. Got 64 peamouth in 1hr 45 min. So would you like me to bring some out? Maybe we could put a set-line out at a ling lake close by. I work on Friday night and Saturday night but am feeling a bit ill. Think I need a mental health day so will arrange. What would you like people to bring other than own anti-freeze?
So its pitbells & Fishnutzs birthday heh? Let me know about sleeping arrangements. I live about 10 mins from your dads cabin, so can run home after fishing. Who all is coming?
Oh yeah, don't know if you guys are bringing the smell goods but if you are you may want to warn them about me. My wifes dog got ahold of my artificial eye (I usually take it out when I get tired and put in a pottery cup) and chewed it some, so it is now in Vancouver getting repaired. If sunny, I will be wearing shades. I could wear my patch, but prefer not to when I'm fishing. Chow for now.
Terry

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: Feb 12/13, 2005 team PG get together.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Damn! Sounds like a blast guys! Wish I didn't have that stinkin tournament to shoot both days or I'd make an appearance and show you guys how to fish  ;) ;) I'm out,
KRIS
[/glow]

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Were is your priorities Kris. I keep hearing you talk about what a great fisherman you are but have yet to see some action ;)2 For all we know you could have taken pictures of your ex girlfriends fish :woot: :woot: :woot:
Do hope we get to fish with you sometime.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Got a whole winter left guys no hurry! I've got my reading break coming up 2 weeks from now and my parents are talking about leaving for vegas for a week early april which leaves me with a 4 wheel drive vehicle (something i've sadly been lacking) If I didn't have to work in the evening I would drop the tourney and come out but since I have to work and can't stay overnight, I'm better off going to the shoot. Tough break, unless Whiskey can "modify" my work schedule for this week *nudge nudge* come on buddy you can do it! I'm out. Lakers! Where can I get some!
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Come on Whisk, help the kid out.

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Hey Guys, sounds like this weekend is going to be a blast. I should have my quad by sat. afternoon if everything goes well. What day will you be feeling ill,Terry? Fri. or Sat.? It would be nice to hook up with some fat laker's. Heck, it would be nice just to hook anything. Has the ling fishing heated up in the last while @ coo-coo? I'm anxious to find out.Has anyone heard if the "Jiggler" will be there this weekend? Later.

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2005, 10:18 AM »
It shall be fun! Me and the jiggler are comming out Sat afternoon. Tell Tanya that all the wives are comming out so she wont be stuck hanging out with a bunch of smelly, sweaty, covered in Ling slime, dudes. TGF, we'll put a sign out at the road so you can find the cabin easier. We'll leave it out incase PGKris decides to swing by. The fishing last weekend was OK. We only fished the estates for max 1 hour. Hooked two then went exploring. We found some other spots where the locals are getting Ling, and some Lakers. Found a hot rainbow spot! Didn't really spend any time fishing. This weekend will hit it hard! :tipup:

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2005, 01:38 PM »
OK Whisk were is it going to be? Your dads cabin on coo coo? I went out to west lake this afternoon to replenish my bait supply. Got 64 peamouth in 1hr 45 min. So would you like me to bring some out? Maybe we could put a set-line out at a ling lake close by. I work on Friday night and Saturday night but am feeling a bit ill. Think I need a mental health day so will arrange. What would you like people to bring other than own anti-freeze?
So its pitbells & Fishnutzs birthday heh? Let me know about sleeping arrangements. I live about 10 mins from your dads cabin, so can run home after fishing. Who all is coming?
Oh yeah, don't know if you guys are bringing the smell goods but if you are you may want to warn them about me. My wifes dog got ahold of my artificial eye (I usually take it out when I get tired and put in a pottery cup) and chewed it some, so it is now in Vancouver getting repaired. If sunny, I will be wearing shades. I could wear my patch, but prefer not to when I'm fishing. Chow for now.
Terry

Terrygooooonefishing
I may want to warn them about you, , , , , Terry the smell goods are very cool. The only one that was questionable was mine, I took care of that problem two weeks after christmass. A smart man would have taken care of it two weeks before X-mas. If you get you eye fixed before this weekend you better watch out, , , pitbell beautifuly clumsy large Great dane that loves to chew everything. I think that DUKE will be eyeing up your eye, , , no pun entended :whistle:
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2005, 03:54 PM »
As long as he isn't eyeing my nutz :woot: :woot:

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2005, 04:35 PM »
lol you guys are crazy. just droppin a line on-line. oh i should get kicked for that lol ;D later dudessss
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2005, 11:20 PM »
Hey Guys, sounds like this weekend is going to be a blast. I should have my quad by sat. afternoon if everything goes well. What day will you be feeling ill,Terry? Fri. or Sat.? It would be nice to hook up with some fat laker's. Heck, it would be nice just to hook anything. Has the ling fishing heated up in the last while @ coo-coo? I'm anxious to find out.Has anyone heard if the "Jiggler" will be there this weekend? Later.

Saturday morning at 8am I'm off, so want to sleep a few hours then come out to fishing headquarters. I've arranged Saturday night off so should be some serious fishing going on.
I don't know who Jiggler is but I met a stripper once and if its her, I'd sooner not come as I'm a happily married man :roflmao:. My wife is working all weekend.
The ling fishing was still somewhat slow last weekend. Not sure how I will come guys. Maybe take the back roads from my place on my Quad and accross the lake or maybe just take Lloyd drive and turn by the sign you put out with my old pickup. Is 2wd ok getting down to your cabin whisk or is that one of the steep lots? I do have chains. Alot of people on that road just park on Lloyd drive.
Is everyone bringing something to eat? Or are we relying on us to catch fish. I'd feel better if PGKris was here then at least we would be sure of something to eat :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I may drop a line on Friday as have that day off but have to be at work Friday night.

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Terry bring food for your self. we have a nice BBQ. WE also have power to the cabin but no running water. One more thing we have is a electric full size kitchen stove with an oven, , , , ,oops one more thing we have a tone of disposable cutlery, plats, utensils, & cups.
I agree you should just drive the quad. I have been up by your place with the quad and it seems to be a easy ride. You should do by way of the ice here is what the cabin looks like[/img]
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Thanks for the visual whisk. I've been by that place many a time.
Heh guys I think we had better bring shades because it is going to be pretty bright out there with the glare off of fishnutzs new machine. 8) 8) 8)

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2005, 10:04 AM »
So I'm cannibal food now? Sweeeeeet. If I could get saturday night off I'd be there in a heartbeat.........I think I might be coming down with something *cough* Hey whisk, what roads do I take from the highway to get there in case I feel like coming out for the day?? Later
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2005, 12:23 PM »
Heh PGKris, send him a personal message.

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2005, 02:37 PM »
 :unsure: Is this the calm before the STORM? :blink:
We live to fish!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2005, 04:25 PM »
I guess......if you mean a fish-storm ;) Just out of curiosity, do you know you're scheduled to work saturday night or are you coming down with the same cold I have?? Wink wink nudge nudge. I'll see ya tonight I'm closing. Did you get your display pic re-sized??
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Chomp... Chomp.... Chomp...
I will be out tomorow afternoon but have to have a sleep first then check my set-line and maybe do some jigging for a bit. See you there team PG.

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Fishnutz & Pitbell are going out tomorow, I will not be there untill later.  :-\ :unsure:
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2005, 04:27 AM »
Yeah I have to sleep some. May not get there till later evening.

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Weeeeellllll!!!!!!!.....................h ow did you guys do?????????? I did OK at the shoot..........won 50 bucks!!! ;D post pics!

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2005, 02:15 PM »

Well a fun time was had by all. Didn't take alot of pics myself PGKris. Pitbell caught a nice 4-5lb ling which we fried up at Whiskeys cabin. Some small flappers were also hooked. Whiskey didn't make it out till early Sunday morning. I caught 4 ling but were small. 4lbs the biggest. Did also land a whitey then released him. Fishnutz... well I think we should rename him: "Bicardi Boy". He is a man after my own heart. Next weekend I'm off to Alberta for the Pigeon lake Derby/Lottery. Top prize $20,000 cash. I think Bicardy Boy took some pics, alot of them were inside the cabin discussing assorted topics (bar fights to circumcision, firearm trajectory etc). Great bunch of guys.
Bicardy Boys Quad was a beauty, luckily it was camo pattern so didn't need the shades.
4:30 pm Sunday afternoon and Whiskey hooked a real heavy mother. It was a give and go battle in the beginning. She took line. Pitbell and I gathered around his hole. I was getting hard. He had to pump the rod to make headway on her. The batteries in my camera were dead. I wish I could have taken a pic of whiskey smile. Rod bent half over and whiskeys smile was a mile wide. Why he even yelled something like "Eat your heart out icechip"..........
I really don't want to steal the lime-light from whiskey so I will let him tell his own story.
Whiskey drove on the ice with his pickup and pitbell and I felt the bejebers ice move under our feet.   

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2005, 02:59 AM »
this monster is the biggest one I've seen :flex:, Pitbell has pulled two out of the same area and the same hole. I've never had one take line out like this one did. I was worried about loosing this one so I played with the tension on my real. After getting my real set-up and a long fight, it finally started to come up, , , MAN WAS I EXCITED :woot: Here it comes, the biggest rock I've ever seen out of a ice hole? :blink: I only wish Terrys camera batteries didn't give up.  :clap: TGF after you left I did manage to pull a little guy out, Not worthy.
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2005, 08:17 AM »
Yeah seems to be alot of not worthys this year ??? ??? ???

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Over my head......you caught a rock?? Only ever done that once in the nechako....way to go buddy! :-\

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Yeah but how big was your rock PGKris?

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #26 on: Feb 18, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Twas a good size rock, humbled me somewhat. Thought I had a good squawfish or dolly on. Hooked it right in this little hole bottom bouncing my fav. Nechako spot.......you guys want to catch some good Nechako dollies come summertime......and you don't mind being blindfolded, I'll show you some tricks ;) 8)
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Going fishing thurs @ estates, , , Yessssssss , , ,, sssirrrrr!
We live to fish!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #28 on: Feb 23, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Hey dude what time are you going out on thursday........might be able to come out......I want to try out the big lake.......gimme a shout
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2005, 01:38 PM »
I decided to try something new, , , and it payed of, , , my first char this year.  :thumbsup:
Pitbell where are you  ???

[/img]
We live to fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.