Author Topic: ANY BODY GOT SALMON PICS TO SHARE  (Read 2638 times)

BryanC

ANY BODY GOT SALMON PICS TO SHARE
« on: Jan 26, 2005, 12:45 PM »
MAYBE FROM WHEN THERE WAS OPEN WATER??? LOVE TO SEE SOME HUGE FISH FROM BC STREAMS

galvanizednail

Re: ANY BODY GOT SALMON PICS TO SHARE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2005, 01:43 PM »
as soon as i figure out how to post them i will :-\

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2005, 03:50 PM »
This sight works well www.pohtobucket.com
We live to fish!

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2005, 04:20 PM »
what he meant to say was www.photobucket.com
good try buddy! ::)
KRIS

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2005, 04:23 PM »
My buddy has a few of him and his dad up north on the Nass but all mine are 35mm old school film. I'll see what I can do, maybe get some of his
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2005, 06:19 AM »

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2005, 10:12 AM »
thats an atlantic, they're wee:P and when we find em over here we  *shhhhhhh it s a secret* fire them over our shoulders into the bush cause they're contaminating out watersheds. i'll try to get some big salmon on here
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Stream fishing sucks. Any yahoo can snag a 40lb salmon from a river out here but it takes alot of skill to finesse a 20lb rainbow onto ice ;)2. Soft water is for kids. Leave the hard stuff to the adults. I do have pics of my 11 yr old son with some salmon. A 32lber and a 28lber. I just have to scan them and put them on disc. This will take some time as pic is at country estates and I'm in town right now. I did catch a 43 lber 2 yrs ago. This was my first salmon in a river. But it really pales in comparison to the excitement of having to quickly drill another hole cause yours is to small to get the fish through. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

BryanC

« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2005, 12:25 PM »
fishing for salmon and steelhead ius completly diff in teh streams, yes any yahoo can snag a salmon but to bring in a 20 lb steelhead in the river is much harder than sitting in a hut and bringing in a 20lb steelhead. u gotta chase the fish and make sure it doesnt wrap around fallen trees, and other things that could break u off, u also gotta make sure u dont lose teh fish in the rappids, onb the ice all u ahve to worry about is bring it through the hole and if u have a 8 inch hole u should havent that hard of a prob with getting a 20lb fish out of it, all it takes is a little effort. anyways i thought i would share some pics with u guys of some steelhead and salmon from my past season, no real big ones yet. lol

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2005, 12:49 PM »
NIIIIIIIIICE fish dude. Couple of great brookies in there too eh. I think the salmon that photos the best is the chum. Gotta love that calico stripin! You might want to hide that sturgeon picture. DFO gets kind of strict when they see dead sturgeon. Some great steelies.
KRIS

-Thoreau

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2005, 02:39 PM »
fishing for salmon and steelhead ius completly diff in teh streams, yes any yahoo can snag a salmon but to bring in a 20 lb steelhead in the river is much harder than sitting in a hut and bringing in a 20lb steelhead. u gotta chase the fish and make sure it doesnt wrap around fallen trees, and other things that could break u off, u also gotta make sure u dont lose teh fish in the rappids, onb the ice all u ahve to worry about is bring it through the hole and if u have a 8 inch hole u should havent that hard of a prob with getting a 20lb fish out of it, all it takes is a little effort. anyways i thought i would share some pics with u guys of some steelhead and salmon from my past season, no real big ones yet. lol

(Image removed from quote.)
I thought you were talking salmon. Not steelhead. You should come out to BC Bryan and let me take you on some of the lakes I icefish at. I do fish around upright sunken trees, sharp boulders. 26lb bows. Yes I have steelheaded and that is more exciting than salmon fishing but does not compare at all to some of the lakes I've icefished. Like I said before different strokes for different folks heh. I would take 1 icefishing trip over 10 steelhead trips. Nice pics though. Wish I would have had my camera sooner then I could show you some of my fish.

BryanC

« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2005, 06:06 PM »
terry u live around north vancouver at all??? i will be moving to BC with a year and would love for you to show me some great ice fishing. see i have never brought in a 26 steelhead through the ice so u are right i cant compare. but i sure would love to try out there.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2005, 08:01 PM »
I live 8hrs north of there. If you are moving there, be prepared to grow webs on your feet. Good ocean fishing around there. No ice though. Good sturgeon fishing on the Fraser and tribs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.