Author Topic: Cool Site!  (Read 14248 times)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Cool Site!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 20, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Wow, someone from cactus country. Welcome. Yeah we hope Kamloops is a go. I know 5 people that are going down and someone who is coming up from Abbotsford. If it could just freeze overnight the water on top would solidify quickly provided there is not much snow cover. Keep us posted on the weather please galvanizednail (that sounds tough). Welcome to a great site. Lots of great info and people.

galvanizednail

« Reply #61 on: Jan 20, 2005, 09:19 PM »
hey  terrygone fishing. I will try to keep you posted on the weather here.had some problems getting back in to the site.hopefully the learning curve is a short one for me.
there is sure a lot of cool stuff in herehave you ever seen the new Hummingbird Smartcast with a wrist watch display? it has a castable, bobber/transducer. I heard one guy uses it for river salmon fishing. im wondering if it could be used through the ice as well? sounds like the most portable fish finder around.
as to the galvanizednail - not trying to sound tough lol just testing them out for weights as it looks like we may be facing new regs banning lead. someone supposedly found a dead loon with a splitshot in its belly. now they are pulling out statistics on total tonnage of lead used in fishing. you ever seen a bird trying to eat downrigger weights?  lol

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 20, 2005, 10:37 PM »
I have seen them in store but I only saw one in use and that was at the Kamloops derby last year. He got it as a gift and was just learning how to use it. Save this site in your favorites. Good luck fishing this year. Are you going to the Rotary derby there in Kamloops?

galvanizednail

« Reply #63 on: Jan 21, 2005, 12:04 AM »
the only thing that i can think of that would stop me is unsafe ice in which case i guess nobody would be going!  so far (its still +2) i would suggest bringing insulated hip waders.  how do these derbys go do you get assigned a hole or do you drill your own or what.
there are a couple of lakes higher in elevation im looking at righ now but ive never fished them and wouldnt know where to start. do you know where a guy can get lake maps? usually if i dont know a lake i get skunked i was never good at pin the tail on the donkey

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 21, 2005, 12:39 AM »
Check out www.anglersatlas.com or you can do a search for Fish Wizard (which is run by the gov't of BC). These are great sources for maps. I like fish wizard. Anglers Atlas is more limited.
As for the derby, all the holes are pre-drilled. You can go on ice at 8am but fishing starts at 11am. They have an engineer that checks out the ice before the derby so if unsafe they cancel which happened 2 yrs ago. Hope to see you there. Lots of fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.