Author Topic: Cool Site!  (Read 14250 times)

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who bait.
Re: Cool Site!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2005, 10:33 AM »
P.S Fishnutz Sheldon? ::)

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I love to be out doors!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2005, 02:17 PM »
Fishnutz Well I agree with half of that!  ;)
Nutz, , Nutz, , ,nutz, , , Nutz
Nice to see that you finally signed up, , , , You crazy Mo Fo. Next sunday we'll hit Cluculz. The weather is supposed to be good, , A High of -1 and a low of -18,, , ,That will be some sweet fishing weather. Bevs B-day Is saturday night? ? ? ? ? We better get up and fish on sunday.
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2005, 03:20 PM »
Whiskey and Pitbell: Nice to finally fish with someone from this site. We definitely have to do it again. The ling fishing can only get better heh. Especially into February. I did snap a few pics. The sunset was much better than the fishing:
[/img]

Whiskey and Pitbell discuss strategy
[/img]

Whiskey waiting and wondering if the monster that he lost his lure on will bite again.
[/img]

Pitbell patiently waiting for ling to start biting.
[/img]

But the bite never came tonight but it will.

We didn't go to the area I mentioned to you yesterday. Daniel felt he didn't want to brave the logging trucks as he heard a few guys ended up in the ditch from being run off road. He also doesn't have a radio to scan the road. So we went to cluculz instead. Down by camp lever off Guest rd. We had a few bites in the first hour but biting very lightly and unable to hook up. I decided to go to the point (yaught club). I got excited when I saw alot of blood on the ice from weekend. I fished there for 2 hrs and got 2 "not worthys". About a foot long. Similar to the ones I iced yesterday.
We are planning on going out on Saturday , early am to the area we were going to go to today (will be no logging trucks then). I work thurs and friday days, sat & sun night. I like to fish between my days and nights. Daniel said he heard yesterday there were in whiskeys word "2- double digit X 2 plus fish" caught in that lake. So I'm getting pumped to jig some lakers. Anyway if you guys have sat am off, feel free to come along. Will probably fish all day and get back about dark. I go to work at 8pm. Chow for now.
Terry

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2005, 03:47 PM »
I'm thinking about going to graveyard tomorrow to get some sucker bellies for laker jigging on saturday. Weatherman says lows of -27 tonight so will see tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone wants to go but I'm sure you guys would have too play hookey. Any tips Pitbell and Whiskey that were not previously mentioned now that our brains are thawed out. Thanks
Terry

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Terry Sorry no tip needed, , , , Just like eaglet lake , , the p-mouths bite anything and every thing. We only tried one area at the mouth of the creek by the graveyard. The ice was open around the creek but the ice was plenty thick enough 30ft out. You should try setting a line in Bobtail? ? ? ?  Good Luck and have fun!   WHISKEY
We live to fish!

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2005, 08:21 PM »
P.S Fishnutz Sheldon? ::)
Whatup Homeys,
Hey Pitbell, what was it that gave me away? ? I think it would be great to get out this weekend.If anyone is up to it, I wouldn't mind hitting Echo Lk.(maybe with some luck this time) for brookies. Should be getting good by now.Bit of a drive, but I dont mind.So no luck @ Purden yesterday. :'( Oh well better luck next time. Maybe this Wed. or Thurs. we could go out to West Lk. for an evening jig, say meet there 5:30ish. Any takers should reply ASAP.Later DOGS!! :P

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Echo lake, now there is a trophy brookie lake. Caught a 23 1/2 inch football brookie (4.5 lbs) 2 yrs ago. Love to come with ya fishynuts but I have a prior appt on wednesday evening. Good luck and I'm sure I will meet up with you one day.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 12, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Welcome our newest member to Team P.G! Fishnutz! Great pics Terrygonefishing! Unfortunately I'm working through until Friday. Then Sat is my old ladies birthday. Me and Whisk are trying to talk her into a birthday ice fishing trip ;D I don't think it will work. We had fun at Graveyard. Good kokanee fishing, if you can keep the course fish off. Wiskey landed a 3lb Pike-minnow! Or as we call them Trophy Goldens! The kokanee we caught were fairly small (12") but nice and healthy. Hard to hook! I bet with your lite line technique you were showing us you'll hook allot more Kokanee. Fishnutz, Fishnutz, Fishnutz...... the last time we went to Echo we got into a fatal snowball fight with a Grouse. :'(  I guess he had it comming! Definitely like to try Echo again. Theres supposed to be some hogs in there.
Later!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Team PG. I kinda like it. 12 inch kokanee, wow thats big for around here. I shall try the marmish technique on them. Did you guys get to the lake by PG side or just past Bednesti. Probably Bednesti. I usually go down to the 400 rd and head east and get on the west side of lake by the campsite. Just a short walk. Is the north side hard to get on?
I didn't get out today as temp at cluculz hill is -35 right now. Not worried about myself, just my vehicle if I leave it for too long. Working on some door hinges today.
I'm surprised you guys didn't get any ling there. I never have either but it is connected to cluculz by a creek, and we all know cluculz has a few ling in  ;)2.
This is great, I thought PG was dead for icefishermen except for a few old timers. Nice to see you young fellas taking up the sport. Welcome Fishnutz.
Watch out for snowball fights. Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye :roflmao: :woot: :roflmao: :blink:
 :roflmao:

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 12, 2005, 06:25 PM »
We got to graveyard by taking the bobtail then the blackwater road. Same road that takes you to bobtail. You'll see the lake right beside the road. Theres an old "graveyard" there. Creepy :-\

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 12, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Is there still someone living in the house/cabin close to there? Probably not anymore. No wonder all those sucker fish are hanging close to that end with the graveyard there. :sick: :sick: :sick: It is an old grave site and I'm sure that would not be allowed now days. Heck they are so darn picky with septic tanks.
Thanks pitbell and stay warm heh.

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 12, 2005, 10:14 PM »
I think there is someone just before you hit the lake. He keeps the road plowed. Me and whisk just got back from West. To cold to fish :'(! My reel wouldn't even work >:(
I think the plan is to hit Cluculz on Sunday. If you can make it you should join us. Is it February yet??????? I cant wait to hook some fish! Theres a 15lb pig out there with my name on it. Hey fishnutz, your game for Sun right?

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 12, 2005, 11:04 PM »
whiskey
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 12, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Sorry boys, this cowboy is going up to my cabin for some monster lakers to post on tourney. Also will connect with 5-17lb ling. I will post pics for your viewing pleasure, just don't blame me if you drool all over your keyboard. ;D
I work sat & sun nights then head out monday after a quick nap. Good luck in your ventures and keep everyone posted.

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #44 on: Jan 13, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Hey Terry, have you got any tips for jigging lakers in Cluculz. Any tidbits would be greatly appreciated. Good luck at the cabin. ;)2 :thumbsup:

P.S Where's the cabin? ???

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 13, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I find if lakers are around your hole, they will bite. They like offshore humps of which I have not found in cluculz, lots of deep holes though. It seems to be hit and miss. The laker fishing at cluculz has been getting worse over the years and it gets hit heavy by alot of weekend fishermen from Vanderhoof and PG. The lake where my cabin is has 4ft long ling, of which I will be posting the longest next month  on this on-line tourney. I don't like to mention its name on here but whiskey and pitbell can tell you where it is. Check out the tips section as some good info there. Some that I have never tried (ie Alkaseltzer tablets in big tube jigs). If you guys are fishing cluculz for ling then you are in the right area. The place where you guys fish there, Me and a buddy caught an 29lber and an 18lber but that was a few years back. There is much better lakes to try for lakers than cluculz. If your fishing for ling in 80ft of h2o, then you will connect with lakers if they are around. Pitbell talked about catching laker after laker in spring at my favorite lake. So if you want to catch some nice ones, go there. Sometimes I catch them suspended at cluculz but alot of the time they are close to structure. I have a vexilar that I use and you just raise your lure to where they are, and I never have a problem with them biting. This seems a little disjointed but hope you get my meaning. I will tell more on ice.

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #46 on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Thanks for the info Terry,any advice is good advice. Looking forward to get a chance to fish with you(and get more tips on jigging). Looks good for sunday, Pitbell, which lake and when?  :woot:

P.S Did you hear an echo? LOL

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 13, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Fishnutz, , , , my Nutzy little buddie!
Where are we going to fish this weekend? ??? We should bring the quads and try to cover a large area.   Did your new quad arrive yet? What's with that?
Whiskey
We live to fish!

Offline Fishnutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team B.C
« Reply #48 on: Jan 13, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Whiskey,
Alas, my quad has not arrived. Don @ yamaha said it should be here this week but no word so far. Thinking of calling him and lighting a fire under his butt. Maybe tomorrow  as I am growing tired of all this waiting crap :%$#!:. If need be, I could always bring my sled (bet I could beat you to the next hole! ;D), but I'd rather not because it's just to obnoxious. Still want to go to Cluculz or were you thinking of somewhere else? Can't wait for the weekend!!!

R.I.P.  TGF

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 13, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Hay Pitbell You should set up a ice fishing tournament? ? ?  Why not, you know enough people. maybe betweek the two of us we could hookup some sponsors.
Just a idea, , , We should make our own lour too, , , I'm A Little out there EH?
We live to fish!

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 13, 2005, 11:11 PM »
I Like Pitbells name for us (TEAM PG) we'll go up against the world hay Guys?
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 13, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Heh guys, there is a tourney in Kamloops on Jan 30. Good prizes. Just coarse fish though to win 10,000$. I'm going with the wife. I caught 27 fish in 3 hrs last year but there is lots of fish caught. Good chance for prize if you catch a bunch. I sure miss the west lake derby :'( :'( :'( I'm also going to Pigeon lake in Alberta on feb 19.
Will be about 4000 people on ice there. Last year only 62 fish caught so lots of draw prizes.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 13, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Whiskey,
Alas, my quad has not arrived. Don @ yamaha said it should be here this week but no word so far. Thinking of calling him and lighting a fire under his butt. Maybe tomorrow  as I am growing tired of all this waiting crap :%$#!:. If need be, I could always bring my sled (bet I could beat you to the next hole! ;D), but I'd rather not because it's just to obnoxious. Still want to go to Cluculz or were you thinking of somewhere else? Can't wait for the weekend!!!
New quad Fishnutz :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I have a 93 Kodiak and the wife has a little 2001 Timberwolf that the kids like to drive.
Did you get the Grizz?

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 14, 2005, 12:36 AM »
Hay, , , Dangling , , , , fishnutz
When will you have your Quad? You waited a long time, , , , You better get a little something for waiting so-long. . . . At least a wind visor or something Eh!
Work Your magic buddy
Use Paul as some leverage, , , let him know that Paul plans to get a quad this spring? ? And maybe even me within the next year? ? ? If hey treat you good we will both follow your lead? ? ? just an idea
We live to fish!

Offline pitbell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 14, 2005, 10:32 AM »
For the love of god! When is this weather gonna change! We still havent decided where to go on Sun. My vote starts with C and ends with Z. Hey Whisk, I wonder how the ice fishing is at that cabin your dad has? That would be a good trip. We could fish cod in Babine......lakers at your dads lake.......maybe have a beer....

Must....go.....fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 14, 2005, 12:05 PM »
We Should plan a trip for feb? ? ? My Old man has a quad now, , , I Will be using it, , Thaks old man. You shoukd get you dad to meet us there? Hey Fishnutz are you in? ?
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 14, 2005, 12:39 PM »
For the love of god! When is this weather gonna change! We still havent decided where to go on Sun. My vote starts with C and ends with Z. Hey Whisk, I wonder how the ice fishing is at that cabin your dad has? That would be a good trip. We could fish cod in Babine......lakers at your dads lake.......maybe have a beer....

Must....go.....fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pitbell you are starting to sound depressed. Might want to see your doctor. They do have meds for your problem. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
You guys should try by the yaught club as lots of blood on ice 1 week ago. We are not going out tomorrow (Daniel & I) to Narrow. I guess I will get ready for my serious fishing next week, starting monday and ending on friday.

Offline Whiskey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 18, 2005, 01:46 PM »
Cobb lake this year.
[/img]
We live to fish!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 18, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Great work Whiskey. Next time show us your pearly whites, ya handsome devil :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

galvanizednail

« Reply #59 on: Jan 20, 2005, 06:24 PM »
im new to this whole computer thing. great to see other crazyz are out on the ice!Its not looking good here in kamloops. we had a lot of rain and there is report of 5 inches of water ontop of 1 foot of ice...and still melting. forcast for the next week is also above 0 and rain. the derby might be in trouble.have you heard if there is an alternate date?
ive never seen more than an inch of water over the ice.but im new to the kamloops region ..no idea if this is normal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.