Author Topic: Major fish kill at Henry's lake...  (Read 6986 times)

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Major fish kill at Henry's lake...
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2016, 10:13 PM »
I will post as soon as I see conditions, I generally fish in goosebay so hopefully the wind stays out of there. Time will tell, I might fly up wed and check conditions.

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
« Reply #31 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:01 PM »
if you have a Facebook look a idaho fish and game upper snake they have been taking pictures every day and updating ice conditions just need the wind to stop blowing so it will cap

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #32 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Very cool, thx madplumber
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hitmanhite

• IceShanty Rookie
  • All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #33 on: Nov 30, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Any dates on a get together? Might rent a cabin up there right after Christmas, anyone else want to go in? Might be cheaper than a hotel if we got a few guys. I stayed in the Drift Lodge last time, and had flies from the septic tank coming up through the sink, lol. Never again.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2016, 08:01 PM »
There is a bunch of us members going next weekend and we are staying at the wild Rose . I stayed there last year and it was nice place and closer to the water is what I liked

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2016, 05:50 PM »
You still headed up this weekend?  Condition report would be great!
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Dec 01, 2016, 05:52 PM »
Pushed the trip out Steve, we'll be up a week from tomorrow
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2016, 09:06 PM »
Who is ready for this weekend I know I can't wait to walk on the ice

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2016, 09:30 PM »
I'm ready! Ready! Ready!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 05, 2016, 10:08 PM »
Going nuts!!! Thinking of heading out on Wednesday to beat the storm. Was going to take the car, but said to heck with it and will be getting the snowmobile and sleds loaded up tomorrow. Hopefully the next few nights will thicken things up. Can't wait for camping on the ice in negative temps! Makes a guy feel like Lieutenant Dan on Forest Gump. Weather, bring it on. @)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2016, 10:31 PM »
 ;D ;D drive safe see you Friday

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:25 PM »
 Getting pumped guys. Sounds like Chris and geezer are coming up on Thursday. I will be looking for you guys. I will plan on moving over by the wild Rose Thursday afternoon so I don't miss you.   Going to give the outlet a shot and then head over to the county boat dock as well on Wednesday and Thursday morning.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #42 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Getting pumped guys. Sounds like Chris and geezer are coming up on Thursday. I will be looking for you guys. I will plan on moving over by the wild Rose Thursday afternoon so I don't miss you.   Going to give the outlet a shot and then head over to the county boat dock as well on Wednesday and Thursday morning.

Good luck and be safe out there we will be up Friday morning I wish I had a government job  then I could take a few day's off and get paid  ;D be safe out there you guys  n knock them dead

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Dec 06, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Be safe prospector, the outlet seems to be holding the thicker ice. County dock wasn't being reported as good if at all over the weekend. Staleys was so so in the area we fished the year before last. The north shore (hatchery and rose) got a few dunked in the water. Check those areas good before venturing out to far. The temps were in the negative last night and I'm sure will be colder tonight. We'll see you on Friday. Give those guys a call when your heading over to the rose.  Hookem up
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 07, 2016, 09:15 AM »
Heading out tomorrow morning around 0800.  I'll throw you a text when we get up there.  Good luck, stay safe!  And stay thirsty my friends!

SLAP/ a.k.a Shadow (definition: a person that fishes next to the most outstanding fishermen using the same rigs but still does not catch anything but a buzz) 

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Dec 07, 2016, 10:23 AM »
SLAP/ a.k.a Shadow (definition: a person that fishes next to the most outstanding fishermen using the same rigs but still does not catch anything but a buzz)

I like it  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline 6x6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2016, 04:22 PM »
How was it?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:57 PM »
Oh man what a great trip, fished the rose area all weekend. Ice was right about 7-8in solid. Easy traveling on machines. Biggest fish came in at 24in for woofy . I'll get some pics up soon. Great trip everybody, it's was nice seeing everyone
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Congrats ice shanty crew, sounds like you had a good trip matt. I imagine fun was had by all.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 11, 2016, 11:45 PM »
Glad you guys had a good time.  One of these years the calendar will work out so we can join.  In the meantime our overnight will be on the 19th.  Any PMs with tips will be appreciated.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 12, 2016, 08:05 PM »
So where is the pictures ? lol ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2016, 11:30 PM »
Those are some great pics. It's taking me all night just to resize mine but I should have some up tomorrow. Photobucket is really becoming a joke. It was great meeting you guys.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:15 AM »
I need to butt up one of these days and go with all of you guys

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 13, 2016, 01:37 AM »
Those are some great pics. It's taking me all night just to resize mine but I should have some up tomorrow. Photobucket is really becoming a joke. It was great meeting you guys.
I hear you photobucket wouldn't even let me log in I had to link them from my facebook page :( Great meeting and fishing with you guys as well  ;D

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #54 on: Dec 13, 2016, 07:13 AM »
Amazing Trip!  Thanks to Musky for putting that together, and of course to everyone who made it out.  Want to specifically thank Geezer for the spectacular Chili Verde, and well for just being an all around outstanding guy.  Also Fishonone for towing up our 4-wheeler for that extremely long 30 yard haul onto the ice.  And last but not least, Prospector, the man who will always make you want to go home and buy more gadgets than you could fit into a warehouse. 

Cheers!

SLAP

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 13, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Beautiful fish and that dead stick picture is pretty sweet congrats on a successful trip guys!
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2016, 08:24 AM »
Ok so here's the story with some pics, After a long awaited week delay in holding out for some good ice I woke at 3am Friday morning to no alarm but my phone going ringing with fishon1 wanting to know if I was going. LOL CRAP set it for no snooze. Throw on my clothes and down to the kitchen I go. Dang NO COFFEE!!! Set the auto brew for PM. Man how could this get anymore delayed.... Well Fishon1 calls back saying now the alternator is out in the truck. Man. Head outside and talk it over, make a few call and put off leaving till oreilys opens at 730. Head back in and lay back down for a few get up and get it pulled and are waiting at the door of oreilys by 715. Luckily for us they had it in stock and it was in and we were on the road by 745. After a little weathered drive we finally pulled into the rose around 1-2pm and threw the bags in the room suited up and hit the hard deck. It was such a great time getting back on the henrys ice after missing last years trip due to health issues. I was very pleased with the room we had reserved with 11 people in there. Very spacious and plenty of room for cooking meals, playing poker, drying out gear after a long day on the ice and just chilling out relaxing. The staff was very accommodating and helpful with allowing some of our crew to check in a day earlier at a great rate. During the weekend many of us made a few moves looking for that big henrys trout and a few of us came out with just a couple bites including myself. Got the big skunk but the atmosphere, camaraderie and new friendships made up for it for sure. Couldn't ask for a better bunch of ice addicts to hit the hard deck with. Enough of the gooey stuff here's some pics.

This was the crew

Most colored fish goes to hoofish and one of his others

Biggest fish was woofy with this 24in brute and one of his other colorful ones. Too bad he was sleeping when the big fish bet was made

Geezer with one of his many catches and yes that verde was great, thanks again Gale

PhishinPhool's 3-way tie, big fish pot winner that rolled in to sunday. Had to be there. LOL

A couple of Fishonone's early sunday morn skunk breakers with the new ice chariot in the background

A shot of prospectors new ice chariot also, man has he got that thing tricked out. All its missing is the magma grill attached to one side for BBQ'ing on the ice. LOL Just kidding Joe its got eveything it needs brother

One of my friends colorful ones

Here's a shot of my new little one man. All in all I am very happy with the set-up. Easy up and down, light weight and fits everything I would need on a solo trip or for run and gunning. The sun rise drenched peaks in the back ground looked amazing sunday morning

Now there where many other fish caught and pics taken so I hope to see a few more posted up here. Again it was a great trip and was happy to be out on the hard deck again doing what we do. Tightlines!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #57 on: Dec 13, 2016, 09:53 PM »
thanks to everyone that went up it was a blast BS with everyone. I am glade that we had a great turn out with everyone now what place is next on the list  ;D ;D

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 14, 2016, 12:50 AM »
I say boysen or ocean in Wyoming  with prospector

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #59 on: Dec 14, 2016, 07:46 AM »
I say boysen or ocean in Wyoming  with prospector

Yes that's what the plan is for the end of February  that's when we figure out is the best time for use to go up and fish with Joe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.