New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1338957 times)

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1080 on: Feb 23, 2013, 05:29 AM »
Had a great day on the ice with my family and it was nice to meet some fellow members. Fishing was slow and with one flasher to share we did pretty well. My wife and sons landed 5 total and we missed quite a few. Weather could not have been nicer. I also had to cross the pressure crack and thanks to icewanderer I was well prepared. 2 four foot planks did the trick but if your taking your wheeler out of Ft Ann Beach I would seriously consider taking planks that are at least that long (6ft might be better). If that crack opens up much more your going to find yourself stuck.

There is a pretty good story to tell about a runaway sailboat but I need to take my son to work so its going to have to wait a bit. Good luck out there and I hope to make the trip again soon.

Thanks again to all of you who are willing to share your experience's. I could not have made a one day trip with my family that successful without you guys.

George

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1081 on: Feb 23, 2013, 05:59 AM »
Great day fishing with the "Centurion 100" Club! Not quite the fury of last weekend but the great camaraderie made up for the slower bite! A little Hair Raising adventure getting off the ice with the wheeler trying to find safe passage across the pressure ridge that formed across the bay.  Had to change my rubber underwear after gunning the quad to clear the Abyss!  Walking out tomorrow! LOL! Great seeing and fishing with old and new friends!

Good luck tomorrow Bruthas!

Mike

Congrats on 100+.  Good luck today, can't wait until tomorrow.  Tell the boy's I said hello.

Offline Ziehnertfish007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1082 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:14 AM »
I am looking to do some lake trout fishing and I'm not sure where to go on Lake George

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1083 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:38 AM »

If you were to read the Lake George B.S. Thread, you can get a good idea! ::)

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1084 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:06 AM »
Fished with CAPTJJ from Rod Bender Charters and all I can say is WOW! We jigged lakers all day and not only did he put us on the fish but he went far beyond what he had to to provide a successful outing for my father and I.  I am not going to get into numbers but my father and I both did double digits by noon.  Great day on the ice and I can't say enough about this guy, he is great.  I am pretty new to jigging lakers and was marking a ton of fish but couldn't get them to bite.  JJ def showed me how to get them to bite yesterday.  Anyways it was such a great trip I felt like I at least owed him a shoutout on Iceshanty! Tight lines!

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1085 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:49 AM »
I read about using dead bait on tip ups on this thread and decided to give it a try yesterday.  Slit the belly of a dead sucker and layed it on the bottom in about 100fow and ended up catching this guy.

Offline pughole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love it when your hands are all fish slime
« Reply #1086 on: Feb 23, 2013, 09:32 AM »
Any one hear about a big pike coming out of Glenburnie???? About 28-29# Heard it at the bait shop this morning

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1087 on: Feb 23, 2013, 03:51 PM »
fished off ft ann beach,bite.....sucked got only 1 laker 23" had a ton of lookers and 1 short bite,crappie pants and tc5 got a few lakers and 2 other buddies got nothing at all.gonna bring the kids and wife out tmrw and try for some perch hope the perch bite is better than the laker bite was today,would be nice to have some perch snacks while watching the daytona 500

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #1088 on: Feb 23, 2013, 04:10 PM »
my dad and brother fished nw bay and got 11 lakers by 10 and then it started raining so they left. they were marking a ton of fish. all caought on the green swedish.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1089 on: Feb 23, 2013, 04:42 PM »
gonna try for lakers too tmrw so we'll see.they gotta get hungry again sometime.....prolly monday when i go back to work lol. think next weekend i'm gonna switch gears here and fish toothies and walleye till the 15th.and i am taking the 15th off from work 

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1090 on: Feb 23, 2013, 04:48 PM »
its gonna turn on and i'm gonna get my 3 yr old onto a laker  :icefish: :flex: :P

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1091 on: Feb 23, 2013, 04:59 PM »

[IMG]http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae88/bluemountainlaker/100_1516_zps85b48af2.jpg[/IMG]

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1092 on: Feb 23, 2013, 05:14 PM »
I've gotten quite the kick out of reading this thread this year and you guys assault on the Lakers. Good stuff for sure...congrats to all you guys and you're all to be commended for all the tips and info shared :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For me I'll take my accidental Laker every now and then while I'm reeling up my perch. Someday when I have more than a day or two a week to fish I'll learn the Lakers myself. Till then I'll entertain myself by reading you guys stories and watching your videos.

By the way the perch bite was great this morning.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1093 on: Feb 23, 2013, 05:54 PM »
anyone have a report on that crack out in front of ft ann beach? can i get acrossed it without a plank? nice job bird getting your kid into those awsome lakers! this year really is a banner year for lakers.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1094 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:13 PM »
anyone have a report on that crack out in front of ft ann beach? can i get acrossed it without a plank? nice job bird getting your kid into those awsome lakers! this year really is a banner year for lakers.
you can cross the crack without a plank wheelers were out there today,but there us a plank already in place if needed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1095 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:16 PM »
ok thaks mealworm! going to go out in the am for a while                                 

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #1096 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Blue you should be good to go i crossed that around 5:30 only about 6inches wide.yes their is a plank out their if needed..Bigred thanks for hanging out today.iced 6 lakers lost 3.tough day out there.alot of sniffers.I had set a goal of 50 lakers this year and i achieved that in one week as i was on vacation,only fished 4days and caught 67..Bigred thanks again and see you next saturday. ;D ;D

Offline bvb35

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1097 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:04 PM »
How much snow did they get up at George today heading up there tomorrow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1098 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:36 PM »
thanks icetripper!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1099 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Nice work out there today Jeremy! Some beautiful fish you guys got today! Congrats! Three of us fished today just south of PK.  My friends Mike and Don got 25 fish between them and I got 5. One more day tomorrow on the King and then back to reality!

Continued success!

Mike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1100 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:57 PM »
ill be out to the left infront of the yellow boathouse around 730. if your around swing by and say hi!

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1101 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:08 PM »
A little tuff for me today . First time back on the king this year . I ended up landing 2... For 4  today with one beautiful 27 incher , and a 26 incher. Lots of lookers  . My buddie went 5 -7  . Whats up with some people . ???guy drives down the hole  middle of the lake with to quads and 3 kids comes up and asked how much ice ..  wow some people have no clue . U think u might have wanted to check the thickness of the ice , considering the waters over  120 feet!! 

JJ

« Reply #1102 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Fished with CAPTJJ from Rod Bender Charters and all I can say is WOW! We jigged lakers all day and not only did he put us on the fish but he went far beyond what he had to to provide a successful outing for my father and I.  I am not going to get into numbers but my father and I both did double digits by noon.  Great day on the ice and I can't say enough about this guy, he is great.  I am pretty new to jigging lakers and was marking a ton of fish but couldn't get them to bite.  JJ def showed me how to get them to bite yesterday.  Anyways it was such a great trip I felt like I at least owed him a shoutout on Iceshanty! Tight lines!

;D Thanks Nick, I appreciate the compliments. It was nice talking to you and your dad between fish; you both picked things up pretty quickly out there.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #1103 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Man Jeremy your dad and brother are showing u up this year.    Don't worry your almost half way to 50 lakers this year with alot of time left.  What you at 24?   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline BD Swede

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1104 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:26 PM »
Perch bite was good today but getting tougher to catch keepers. Had my first experience getting into the punkinseeds and enjoyed the action. Hitting it again tomorrow.

Offline SnotCicle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1105 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:35 PM »
My buddy was out on Harris Bay Friday...said the pumkins are showing up there too...still a bunch of perch to be had. I'm going to give it a shot in the morning.
Stay Frosty

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1106 on: Feb 23, 2013, 09:59 PM »
FINALLY got into the Lakers today. I got 11. My buddy got 4. From 12 to about 1245 I couldnt get within 15 ft of bottom without three or four fish flying up. After that they would come in a few at a time and were usually pick up one or two. Well be back on the same spot in the morning.

Jager61 - thankyou for the parking tip. You cut our walkway down and we got on them quick
Thanks to everyone who helped me out with info on laker jiging i went from 4 to 15 today and set a goal of doubling that tomorrow. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1107 on: Feb 23, 2013, 10:23 PM »
FINALLY got into the Lakers today. I got 11. My buddy got 4. From 12 to about 1245 I couldnt get within 15 ft of bottom without three or four fish flying up. After that they would come in a few at a time and were usually pick up one or two. Well be back on the same spot in the morning.

Jager61 - thankyou for the parking tip. You cut our walkway down and we got on them quick
Thanks to everyone who helped me out with info on laker jiging i went from 4 to 15 today and set a goal of doubling that tomorrow. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

thats awesome man. Congrats.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1108 on: Feb 24, 2013, 01:53 AM »
          I took the weekend off from fishing, but I want to congratulate everyone on the good numbers out there both laker & perch fishing. Maybe it was last winters lack of ice that helped but the daily numbers  surely are impressive. I talked to 1 guys father yesterday, said his son caught 48 lakers on Friday, & it wasn't his son that told him, it was another guy that was out & witnessed the whole thing. :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

And good luck out there today, especially to my son, mealworm & his family. I hope you get the kids on some good fish. :thumbsup:

Offline older042

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1109 on: Feb 24, 2013, 02:21 AM »
New York

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.