Author Topic: Friend got some fatties  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Friend got some fatties
« on: Dec 23, 2022, 08:11 PM »
Finally made the trip to Antero. Took the drive and met up with my buddy that lives in Denver. We had the holes drilled for first light and it was a pretty grindy time. I personally didn't have much action as far as marking fish, and only got one bite. Tried a handful of presentations but the skunk got me this day. My GF pulled in a nice white sucker, which is currently sitting in the freezer and my buddy, Big D got a couple really nice ones...All on the atomic berkley tube. One of which being an MA Cutbow!

ICE/WEATHER REPORT: We all heard about the ice being sketch so we cautiously moved out on the ice before the light hit, spud barred around, and the ice was really solid. 12" plus everywhere we drilled. This was my GF's first experience on really clear ice so she thought it was cool. Bring the cleats!!! There was a big pressure crack/ridge about 100 yards out on the ice, several people moved passed that to fish, we didn't brave it. Open water still out in the middle. Again, this was Monday.
Sunny day and warm when the sun came up...No wind until around 10AM and then it came in waves it seemed. Heard it gets bad up there at times so overall felt blessed to have the weather cooperate.

Will be back again to get revenge! Fun, short video below, pics otherwise!!

Offline 4°Fahrenheit

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Friend got some fatties
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2022, 02:06 PM »
Nice!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2022, 09:21 PM »

Offline DanR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2023, 09:10 PM »
Must say, quality production value!  Very cool videos.  Good watches, huge fish.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2023, 01:29 PM »
Must say, quality production value!  Very cool videos.  Good watches, huge fish.

I Appreciate that greatly! Glad you enjoy the content😀🎣

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.