The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Pickerel and Trout  (Read 622 times)

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pickerel and Trout
« on: Apr 11, 2015, 07:48 PM »
 I icefished two different ponds today.

All in all, a nice day weather wise. Temps were in the low 40's. It started out sunny, blue skies and blustery (with gusts of high wind), but it clouded up and the wind calmed down as the day progressed.

This morning, I hit K of C Pond on the Plainfield/Hawley line. The edges were softening, but there was 22" of ice. I had a fair number of flags (some of them wind flags) and caught four nice pickerel (two 18" and two 20").

For lunch, I had shepherd's pie, dandelion wine, an apple, hot coffee and homemade fudge.

I drove by Plainfield Pond. There were 7 cars parked there, and I talked to a couple guys from Worcester County, who said the action was slow but there was about 18" of ice.

Then, this afternoon, I fished a private pond closer to home. There was about 8" of ice, but the edges were very soft. (I went through up to my knees on the way out). I landed a bunch of brookies and browns, most in the 8" to 10" range, although the biggun was 12".

I'm hoping to get out on one last pond tomorrow. I suspect that, by the time next weekend rolls around, the ice on the edges will be totally gone on the high mountain ponds.

Offline sully12ring

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pickerel and Trout
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2015, 07:54 PM »
I took a nice bath today well offshore....  Thankful for my friends.   I think tom may be the last day and I def feel like someone is taking a dip.....
TEAM MASSADRENALINE      Northeast bowhunting and 3D\\\\\\\'s best!  The only vids dedicated to the northeast hunter!!

Offline sully12ring

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pickerel and Trout
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Ice was making waves today
TEAM MASSADRENALINE      Northeast bowhunting and 3D\\\\\\\'s best!  The only vids dedicated to the northeast hunter!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.