Author Topic: Amped Outdoors  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
Amped Outdoors
« on: Oct 31, 2020, 04:10 PM »
What’s up with Amped Outdoors? I sent a Facebook message in august and an email two weeks ago with no reply... thought they were supposed to be great to deal with. Maybe just bad luck on my end? I checked my spam messages and nothing there.. I would like to order a battery or two but had some questions

Offline bmaher287

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Amped Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2020, 04:59 PM »
This probably isn't very helpful as I haven't tried to contact them, but I placed two jig orders this week that were fulfilled very quickly. So it's not like they arent in the office or anything.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2020, 05:14 PM »
They're still around. I tapped Matt a coupla weeks ago as we've had some dialogue in the past. This year has not been favorable to his business as it has been for so many. I do know he is continuing to provide products and service to his patrons. Try the contact link @ Amped Outdoors and see where it takes you: https://ampedoutdoors.com/pages/contact-us

If you don't get a reply LMK and I'll shake the tree. In fairness he has been servicing portable power for first responders. From the contact page: "At this time our product availability and support will be limited. We are reserving product for medical, transportation, and other essential industries requiring portable power. If inquiring on product availability, please refer to the product description as we will be updating regularly anticipated availability to the general public. Thank you!"

To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2020, 09:10 PM »
He is fantastic. Not sure on your bad luck and I am sure he will make it right. What questions do u have?

Offline hardwaterNE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2020, 07:20 AM »
Also not a fan of Matt or Amped, customer service has been lacking as of late. Not sure what has changed.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2020, 07:33 AM »
Probably the fact that all of their batteries come from overseas and things have been hard to get in due to Covid...

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Probably the fact that all of their batteries come from overseas and things have been hard to get in due to Covid...

**CORRECTION**
“Hard to get due to THE RESPONSE to covid”
It’s not the virus that has done this, it’s the response of people, and people in governments. The weapon is fear stoked by the media to control people more easily and covid is an economic weapon!
“Some of us are wise, and some of us are otherwise” M.R. Levin...

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2020, 03:24 PM »
Only had good service from them.. Maybe just bad luck like you said?
Try giving Amped a call tomorrow: (715) 914-7274

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2020, 05:15 PM »
It’s not a “conspiracy”, or people in government, or fear that makes connecting with Amped difficult right now. It’s the fact they are making essential services requiring portable power a priority right now. It’s the right thing to do, and I applaud their efforts. It may take a while, but I’m certain their products and excellent customer service will be available to the general public again. Bad mouthing Amped Outdoors isn’t going to make that happen any sooner!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2020, 05:55 PM »
I emailed Matt a couple of weeks ago with some questions and got a response the same day. 🤷‍♂️

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2020, 07:18 PM »
i have emailed him and rec'd responses within 24 hrs

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Only had good service from them.. Maybe just bad luck like you said?
Try giving Amped a call tomorrow: (715) 914-7274

Thank you... I must have missed the number the first time I looked

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2020, 08:36 PM »
**CORRECTION**
“Hard to get due to THE RESPONSE to covid”
It’s not the virus that has done this, it’s the response of people, and people in governments. The weapon is fear stoked by the media to control people more easily and covid is an economic weapon!
Call it whatever you want. It’s due to covid.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2020, 02:09 AM »
It’s not a “conspiracy”, or people in government, or fear that makes connecting with Amped difficult right now. It’s the fact they are making essential services requiring portable power a priority right now. It’s the right thing to do, and I applaud their efforts. It may take a while, but I’m certain their products and excellent customer service will be available to the general public again. Bad mouthing Amped Outdoors isn’t going to make that happen any sooner!

x2 agreed.

WINTER IS COMING!

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:47 AM »
If your Emails/PMs are not getting a response, I would suggest calling.

I had a battery problem last week. I exchanged at least 10 messages with Amped Outdoors in the process of troubleshooting the battery. In most cases, I received a response within minutes even outside of normal business hours. Ultimately, they replaced the battery (unsolicited as I’m convinced that I damaged the battery through my own negligence or choice of charger).

Given the impressive level of customer service I received, it is hard for me to believe that they would be responsible for such an uneven level of service. I strongly suspect that it has to be some type of communication/technical issue with Email.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:05 AM »
If your Emails/PMs are not getting a response, I would suggest calling.

I had a battery problem last week. I exchanged at least 10 messages with Amped Outdoors in the process of troubleshooting the battery. In most cases, I received a response within minutes even outside of normal business hours. Ultimately, they replaced the battery (unsolicited as I’m convinced that I damaged the battery through my own negligence or choice of charger).

Given the impressive level of customer service I received, it is hard for me to believe that they would be responsible for such an uneven level of service. I strongly suspect that it has to be some type of communication/technical issue with Email.

I was wondering what happened. I know you needed more info so i posted what you needed to know in your post.
I mentioned how it should not have discharged so low while resting for 6 months that the bms needed to be reset.
Also, his site says you don't have to use their charger.

Glad your all set! Matt is exceptional people.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.