Author Topic: Nice pike on a Wee rod  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: Nice pike on a Wee rod
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2005, 11:51 PM »
Klee19  Wonderful!  I fillet them and keep the slime off the flesh, cut out the "Y" bones and blood line, and rinse them really good.  Fried they can't be beat!

Mccully,  You bet!

1.  Drop small "chunks" of fillet into a baggie containing 1/2 flour 1/2 cornstarch, shake it up.

2.  Take dusted pieces out of flour mix and roll in a mix of 1 cup milk and one beaten egg.  Coat thouroughly!

3.  Take the fish out of the egg with a fork, (otherwise you'll have club fingers,) and place into another baggie with bread crumbs and your favorite seasoning.  I like many seasonings including  Old bay, Johnnies, Lowry's season all, Emeril's essense, and a plain old combo of garlic, crushed pepper, salt, and paprika.

4. Fry at 350 or hot oil that's NOT smoking.  I like vegy oil or any other oil that's laying around.  Cook only a couple pieces at a time and until they are golden brown.  Place them on a cooling rack so they don't "mush up." 
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2005, 12:07 AM »
Klee19  Wonderful!  I fillet them and keep the slime off the flesh, cut out the "Y" bones and blood line, and rinse them really good.  Fried they can't be beat!

Mccully,  You bet!

1.  Drop small "chunks" of fillet into a baggie containing 1/2 flour 1/2 cornstarch, shake it up.

2.  Take dusted pieces out of flour mix and roll in a mix of 1 cup milk and one beaten egg.  Coat thouroughly!

3.  Take the fish out of the egg with a fork, (otherwise you'll have club fingers,) and place into another baggie with bread crumbs and your favorite seasoning.  I like many seasonings including  Old bay, Johnnies, Lowry's season all, Emeril's essense, and a plain old combo of garlic, crushed pepper, salt, and paprika.

4. Fry at 350 or hot oil that's NOT smoking.  I like vegy oil or any other oil that's laying around.  Cook only a couple pieces at a time and until they are golden brown.  Place them on a cooling rack so they don't "mush up." 

Sounds yummy Barley.  Think I might give that a try this weekend on some perch filets.  If I'm lucky enough to catch a feed ;D

Thanks for posting that!

Trevor

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Nice pike you found barleydog, they sure are a blast on ultra-lite line and rods.
A few lost lures means another stop at the tackle shop I think. :D
Great photos of you and you buddy there, the last one is not bad eather.
Pike is my fav fish to eat. :)
Keep the photos comming. :tipup:

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.