Author Topic: Cusom Jigs&Spins glowing lures vs others  (Read 2116 times)

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cusom Jigs&Spins glowing lures vs others
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:27 PM »
I've been using the lime glowing Ratsos' from Custom Jigs and Spins and i'm not really happy with how much these lures glow.  I'll charge them up with a led light and it seems like they only glow for a few minutes at a time.  I was just wondering if the glowing paint that some other companies use like Maynard's Tackle and JamminJigs glows longer or brighter than the CJ&S stuff.  If anybody know of anything that glows really bright please let me know.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Re: Cusom Jigs&Spins glowing lures vs others
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:44 PM »
I use a UV light to charge my glow jigs, and they seem to hold the charge a little longer than a LED light, but a few minutes is a few minutes..I usually hit the lure every time I bring the bait up

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:59 PM »
The Ratso's don't glow at as much as some other lures,a few minutes is all you get,when glow lures are working,I tazer they on every drop.I put all my glow lures in one box,and looked at them in the dark,the glow red lures seemed to glow the brighter and longer.I  will say THE RATSO'S is a great lure,it's one of my go too lures,I've been using two lures this year,a clean chartreuse Ratso's and a firetiger Gill Pill,tipped with a wax worm,in two days 64 Bulls 8-9 1/2 inches have made there last mistake.

Offline specialK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:03 AM »
I use the glow brite diamond jig  from CJ&S and only need to charge the jig with day light.  Seems to glow pretty brite.  I have noticed that my ratso's have a little less glow but that may be because the size of the jig head.

K

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:12 AM »
Dave Genz, during one of his talks at the Ice Fishing Show at Syacuse said that he discovered Red tends to glow the brightest and Blue tends to glow longer. Persoally my favorite is a CJ&S Diamond Jig in red glow.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline panfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:26 PM »
Been using the genz fatboy in red. Seems to glow for quite some while. Have had a lot of success with it.

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:36 PM »
thanks for the input guys!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2010, 06:37 AM »
Just about all glows only last a few minutes...when did they last for hours? 

I have a super bright LED flashlight that I charge my glow lures with.  Charges them bright.  Also have a UV LED flashlight to charge all the other lures other than the red ones.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.