Author Topic: Did I completely break my Eskimo Auger?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline crdroste

• IceShanty Rookie
Did I completely break my Eskimo Auger?
« on: Apr 15, 2018, 09:24 AM »
 I went out ice fishing with my Eskimo z51 shark that is 4 years old has always worked great. Yesterday I had it out and drilling through 30+ inches of ice my auger got stuck and i was not able pull it out the auger flights would spin in reverse pulling it up through the hole and usually i can move it up and down enough to get it out but this time in doing so I was a little too aggressive jerking it around to get it out. When i did get it out  and went to drill the next hole the motor seemed to work fine but the shaft would not spin.  With the auger off i am not able to rotate the shaft more than a few degrees in either direction and seems to be stuck.

What could I have possibly broke and is it fixable or am I going to have to buy a new auger next year?

On a side note with the one hole i drilled and the 3 old holes i had chiseled i had one of the best days I've had fishing this season.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me and I'm not so sure about you.

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Did I completely break my Eskimo Auger?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Sounds like a gear in the transmission broke. Call Ardisam (800-345-6007) they can probably help you out they have great customer service.  The same thing happened to my old Mako  and got it repaired.  Don't think you should have to get e new auger and you have a long summer to get it repaired ;)

Offline crdroste

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Did I completely break my Eskimo Auger?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Well I opened up the gearbox to see if there was anything obvious broken and i couldn't find anything obvious, but i was able to get the shaft spinning again, and put everything back together and it seemed to work. but somehow now broke the pull start. at least thats an easy replacement so hopefully it will all work by next weekend.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me and I'm not so sure about you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.