Author Topic: Henry's Lake  (Read 17079 times)

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Henry's Lake
« Reply #120 on: Dec 05, 2014, 10:58 PM »
Were there any snow machines out on the ice .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #121 on: Dec 05, 2014, 10:59 PM »
Saw snow machines and wheelers both.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #122 on: Dec 05, 2014, 11:35 PM »
Thanks for the information .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Dec 07, 2014, 11:00 AM »
Plans have changed and we are now heading out on Tuesday evening and should be there around mid day on Wednesday.  I'm getting really anxious and excited to go.  I really appreciate all the reports.  Thanks to all.  It appears the ice is holding up okay and that is great news.  I expect to be fishing from Wednesday through Saturday and I'd be happy to share reports while I'm there, but I don't know if I'll have Wi-Fi in our accommodations.  I guess I should check on that. 

Curt,

Hope to see you out there.  Feel free to give me a call or look for me in front of the WR.

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Dec 07, 2014, 11:23 AM »
We will be there Thursday Hooknhunter and Curt staying at the rose and planing on fishing between the rose and stayleys also would be nice to meet you guys.

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #125 on: Dec 07, 2014, 12:10 PM »
RT,  Will you have a transport or will you be walking?  Not sure where we are staying on Wednesday night as we don't have any reservations yet (will try the Rose first), but we will be at the Rose Thursday thru Saturday.  We'd like to meet up and say Hello.  I'll be watching for you.

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #126 on: Dec 07, 2014, 12:48 PM »
We will just be walking i don't really want to haul the snowmobiles or atvs up there and not sure i would trust the ice in places  we will be at the rose till Sunday  Look for the Eskimo 949 and red jigger totters :)  You might try the drift lodge for Wednesday night But i know the rose has lots of rooms as they told us when we booked they had plenty of room :)

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Dec 07, 2014, 04:43 PM »
H&H I plan on meeting you for sure and anyone else on the forum that will be there . I fished Stayles today . The lake conditions are not bad at all . You should not have  any problems getting around with your 4 wheeler . Wish I wouldn't have taken my 4 wheeler home and brought my snow machine up . Do you think Wild Rose will have a problem with me parking my truck and trailer on there property while I fish .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Dec 07, 2014, 06:30 PM »
I will be fishing again starting Tuesday and hope to spend most of the week. I am thinking of bringing up the Polaris ranger. It's a bit heavier than a wheeler. How was the slush situation yesterday and today?

Offline fairweatherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #129 on: Dec 07, 2014, 07:11 PM »
Ice was 14 in on the north side no slush no problem with a ranger I'll bring my 4wheeler next weekend

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #130 on: Dec 07, 2014, 07:42 PM »
GT it would not have  been any problem today . It was 20 degrees when I got there this morning and 40 degrees when I left and very little slush .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #131 on: Dec 07, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Do you think Wild Rose will have a problem with me parking my truck and trailer on there property while I fish .

I sure can't speak for them, but I think you'd be okay.  Looking forward to meeting you.

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #132 on: Dec 07, 2014, 08:30 PM »
Thats great news glad to hear there is that much ice :) Curt what day are you planing on being there and i will tell them One of our friends is meeting us there to fish so there wont be an issue with parking  ;D

Offline Watfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #133 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Where the fish biting today.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:54 PM »
Yes , not fast but steadily . I caught 4 lost 2 nice ones . I landed 1 20 " cutthrought and a 17 " brookie . For a contest I am in . I missed a bunch of bites on my jaw jackers .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #135 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:58 PM »
I am living up here most of the time . I plan on fishing Tuesday  and Thursday and Saturday . Need to go home Sunday for my 30th wedding anniversary on Monday .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #136 on: Dec 07, 2014, 11:50 PM »
I can get ya covered for Thursday and Sat Curt and happy 30th anniversary  @)

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #137 on: Dec 08, 2014, 07:34 PM »
I am headed up in the morning. With the temps today and the forecast for higher temps tomorrow I am seriously second guessing taking the ranger up. Was anyone there today fishing that can provide some ice conditions?  I saw one post elsewhere that said ice at the hatchery was 6 to 8 inches. If that's the case then the ice in that area has lost some thickness. A week ago it was over 10 inches there.

Offline fairweatherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #138 on: Dec 08, 2014, 08:01 PM »
I was there yesterday by the hatchery ice was a solid 10 to11 inches of clear ice with 3 inches of frozen slush and snow fishing was slow but steady I'm thinking the same thing about a 4wheeler with the warm weather I'll take a snow machine to. How long are you there I'm coming over Friday

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #139 on: Dec 08, 2014, 08:46 PM »
The temperature right now is 25 . GT what part of the lake are you going to fish tomorrow . I don't like fishing alone and would like to meet up with you . PM me if you want too .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Dec 09, 2014, 10:12 PM »
Fished Pintail today, was extremely slow, not sure why, but I must not have had my fishing juju turned on.  BTW, last week there was some guys in a razor causing all kinds of hell from Pintail all the way to the county dock.  I for one was perturbed.  Today I learned I wasn't the only one, I guess they had made a mess of the bank at Pintail where they parked, trying to catch air from the lake up the bank to the parking area or something stupid like that.  Damon informed me that little parking area is actually private property and the landowner has let F&G maintain it as an access point as long as it isn't abused.  Damon said he was able to get a partial plate from who did the damage and is trying to track them down.  I wish people would just use their heads sometimes....

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #141 on: Dec 09, 2014, 11:27 PM »
Thanks for the report groundtrac where is pintail ? I have never seen it on the maps i have looked at. Too bad people have to do that makes getting acess difficult when land owners get tired of it.   :(

Offline Eskimo87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #142 on: Dec 11, 2014, 07:14 PM »
I'm heading up to Henry's in the morning can anyone tell me what the ice conditions are like?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #143 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:04 PM »
Over 12 "  of ice and no slush on top . The ice is very slick . I fished with Hooknhunter and Reel Trouble today and there wives . Great company , the fishing was a little slow . We had 20 plus rods out and landed 20 fish in 7 hours . Still a good day with great people . 20.75 " hybrid was the biggest fish caught .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #144 on: Dec 11, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Hey guys! Good info and thanks for it! I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get my Idaho license at the old valley view station at the junction or do I have to travel into Island park and pick one up? Also cause I know you fellas are on top of all the regs do my 12 and 11 year old, out of state boys need licenses yet? MT is 15yrs old for out of state. Thanks for helping a brother out! Tight Lines :tipup:

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #145 on: Dec 11, 2014, 11:50 PM »
Good news and bad news , they don't need a license until they are 14 . The bad news is there limit counts in yours . The limit is 2 . If you don't keep fish you are good to go . If the store you are talking about don't sell licenses I know Robins Roost does .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #146 on: Dec 12, 2014, 12:09 AM »
All Good! ;D We keep to eat and 2 fills the stomachs, maybe not the freezer or smoker, but we have a whole lotta season for that yet :tipup: :tipup:. The store I"m talking about is next to the Laundramat and Rv park on hwy20 just west of 87, was closed last winter but sold to new owners and not sure if it's open still. I'm happy to just truck to robin's roost and give 'em my buisiness regardless! Thanks Curt for the info hope to see some of you out there Sunday :icefish:

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #147 on: Dec 12, 2014, 12:25 AM »
The store you are talking about is open , I have heard great things about the new owner . It would not hurt to check there for a license . You can also get one on line I think .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #148 on: Dec 12, 2014, 12:29 AM »
The store you are talking about is open , I have heard great things about the new owner . It would not hurt to check there for a license . You can also get one on line I think .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #149 on: Dec 12, 2014, 08:14 AM »
Yes Idaho license's can be purchased online, I prefer it sometimes as I dont always like stopping on my way out. I have had more than one occasion where the store worker was having a hard time getting the machine to work. Took 6 of us 2 hrs to get our licence's in bancroft one time.  Here's a link to the page on Idaho's fish and game site

https://id.outdoorcentral.us/

As stated thanks for all the good reports everyone and that just sucks that people cant respect the fishery and private property that allows us access. It only takes one to ruin it for everyone  >:(
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.