Canada > Ice Fishing Quebec

lac memphrémagog

<< < (3/3)

FreshwaterPhil:
I imagine most of the lake should be good now. Hit Cedarville to jig for perch with the little ones yesterday before the storm. 24+ inches of solid ice with no snow, was able to run and gun some spot far off shore, as well as fish from the comfort of heated car.

redbird:
Phil or anybody still use this forum ? Hard to find a decent ice report. I gave up on the southern memph fishing last year, didn't even go since falling in. Got a floaters suit now! Just wondering if anyone has any reports. Weather looks decent for the next week.

FreshwaterPhil:
Should be safe ice near Cedarville from what I'm hearing, but lots of snow and slush. Deep freeze this weekend should fix that.

I didn't fish Memphre much last year, think maybe 2 - 3 hours all season, and don't have any plans to go back this year. Fishing is not what is used to be there. Ditto for Brome and Magog lake.

Maybe 1 day on Wippi over next couple weeks if it ever ends up freezing, seems it was 50% open as of Sunday, and ice cover only 2-5 inches.

redbird:
Thanks, I think we might actually go see what cedarville is all about this year. We hit up cr peche at the cascades today for the first time, bite was off, got a pike, few perch. Super slushy to start, but my Jetta managed fine. Great owner and staff.

FreshwaterPhil:
I haven't been to CR in years. Cedarville yellow perch population shrunk bitime over the years, but a lot more white perch now. They seem to move in schools there, find one, and you should be on them for a while. Guessing in the 25 foot range would be a good place to start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version