Author Topic: Couldn't wait, headed north  (Read 1159 times)

Offline SlabHammer

• IceShanty Rookie
Couldn't wait, headed north
« on: Dec 28, 2021, 09:24 PM »
Saturday after looking at the forecast I got mad and loaded up the truck. Ended up in northwest wisconsin. Bite started slow but did much better today, have almost a full bucket of perch to clean. Couple of ok bass, couldn't find the crappie this time.

I hate the idea of going back home and playing the waiting game. If anyone wants to head up this way I can give you some idea of where to go.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Couldn't wait, headed north
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2021, 06:29 AM »
Thanks Slabhammer. I going to give it a couple more weeks to see how weather looks before planning a get away.

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2021, 07:51 AM »
Nice Slab! I'd be lying if I said I haven't been thinking about a trip north and havent been frustrated by the forecasts. Makes it worse when you get a bunch of new gear and that itch gets bigger and bigger.

I'm gonna stick it out for another few weeks though. Northern IN is trending in the right direction so I haven't lost hope yet. If it does get to that point, I'll be askin ya for some directions.

CL
Limit your kill - Don't kill your limit!

Offline dearjimschmidt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Got my first weekend trip booked for the weekend of Jan 29 headed up to fish Pentenwell in Wiscomsin.
River City Baits - Fort Wayne Indiana

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Nice job getting out slabhammer.  I have been up into wisconsin a few times to ice fish when the ice was just not happening here.  There is a lot of good options to fish up there.

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2021, 10:42 AM »
Have faith guys…. It’s coming

Limit your kill - Don't kill your limit!

Offline tschneid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2021, 02:52 PM »
Got my first weekend trip booked for the weekend of Jan 29 headed up to fish Pentenwell in Wiscomsin.

I'm on Petenwell as I type this. Couldn't handle the IN weather and needed some ice time. Its my first time here and seems like one hell of a lake. Marked fish all day and the walk isn't horrible since the old river channel swings close to multiple ramps. Only got 8 eyes in a day and a half but missed quite a few on a deadstick. Hoping for a few more before end of today. Have fun on your end of Jan trip.

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2021, 05:30 PM »
I hear you all, the wait is awful.  I'm headed to North Dakota next week for some much needed ice therapy.  Best of luck with all your adventures.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline SlabHammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2021, 08:07 PM »
Caught a lot of fish, but size was the issue, threw more back than I kept. These are pretty typical of what I ended up cleaning. Wound up I would say with 4 good meals out of the trip.

I dont think I will have a window of time to travel that far again this season. May have to try heading up to Cadillac area for a weekend if we dont get a season here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.