Author Topic: Finicky Perch  (Read 3717 times)

Offline rileys44

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!
Finicky Perch
« on: Jan 03, 2014, 10:17 PM »
A lot of time we see huge schools of perch come through with our aqua-view but we can't get them to bite.  Any tips?

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Finicky Perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2014, 09:07 PM »
On the move to a place where they wish to eat and can wait. Putting the wrong food in their face when they want something else. Just got done eating and going to a safe loafing place. Mildly curious but not hungry. Could be anything. Would punch some holes in the direction they took, something may have changed in the meantime

Offline tipwaydown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:07 AM »
I found out yesterday that when you come across switch to minnows .....but instead of hooking them in the nose or mouth hook them back towards the dorsal fin and fish above perch you will find witch what ones want to bite because they will be willing to come up to bite.

Offline PERCHIN101

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • No Fish is Safe
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2014, 08:17 PM »
If the perch will look but don't seem interested go big or go very small.  I will throw a 3/4 oz buckshot on sometimes with a single hook.  Use eyeballs and sometimes I will bounce my gear off bottom creating a cloud or lots of noise and then let it lay...  You would be surprised how often that works on big perch.
I can smell a perch a mile away...

Offline cleatus

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2014, 06:02 PM »
go back tommow

Give a man a fish,Feed him for a day.Teach a man to fish,feed him for the rest of his life.

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Using minnow parts and not the whole minnow was the ticket today. And downsizing the jigs helped two.

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Are they looking at your bait or not even looking?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.